Chapter 2- Azara

"Pyro lo flarne oso ah forne
Pyro lo soli oso
Seo materne lo hera oso
Seo fuergo lo buda oso
Yuvis' hera lo flarne"

"Pyro in our flames and in our fire
Pyro in our sun
His passion leads our heart
His strength our body
Yuvis' heart is fire"

Azura read that saying about a thousand times. How couldn't she, having it written in red squiggled letters on her white wall.
Now she read it once again while sitting on the ground braiding her shimmering dark hair.
She looked into the reflection of the mirror in front of her. She never wasted a lot of thoughts about her appearance. Why would she? The only remarkable thing about her is what her mother used to call "hair so shimmery, looking like flickering flames". She never saw anything like that looking in the mirror. She rather felt soft hair flowing down her narrow shoulders like waves.

After she eventually bond her hair together, she reached for a glass of water on the table next to her.
She knew she shouldn't do it. She knew she could get caught easily by relatives lingering around her rooms in her father's fort-like home. Or even worse: Getting caught Agua wielding by a member of the guard. In this politically sensitive times her parents probably positioned them right in front of her rooms. Amazing.

Even though she didn't know about the consequences for the daughter of Danthragnir getting caught Agua wielding, nor did she want to find out, she was tired of holding back. Agua wielding always had been a part of her- though a secret one. She knew it was strictly banned to Agua wield as a member of the Pyro empire. They are opposite forces- opposite elements. The tradition, our roots, always forbid that.

Azara trained these movements since she discovered her deep bond to water. Growing up in a world surrounded by fire, it was almost impossible to think about any other element at all. Her earliest memory, and by far most tremendous one,  was when she was five years old. She slowly developed small Pyro wielding abilities with a "mentor" hired by her father.  Back then her parents used to show her the world outside of the fire nation from time to time. One time, they traveled to a small water tribe called Limus. Azara remembered gleaming rivers, streams and astonishing gorgeous waterfalls.
Intuitionally she thought about imitating the water and found herself wielding it for the first time. It showed her the difference between Pyro and Agua wielding: While Pyro wielding she tried to control the fire. When she was Agua wielding she was a part of the water. This feeling fascinated her ever since.

Twelve years later the same feeling overcame her every time. As she practiced the flowing, slow movements pleasant goosebumps covered her body.
Concentrated she murmured," One step forward, left hand reaches to the ground , circle -"
Azara held on in her movement. Moments before, the water, which was following her fingers as she wanted it to, dropped to the ground. She heard loud footsteps approaching her rooms. Fast, loud and strong footsteps- it had to be Ferna.
Azara quickly let her self fall on her bed and began unbraiding her hair, as the iron door opened up.
"Azara? Pygo wants to talk to you before dinner."
The tall, lean women entering had the same sparkling blue eyes as Azara- the only similarity between them. She had her cherry-red hair bond in a high ponytail. It was a frame to her symmetrical aligned face features. Beautiful, but ordinary.

"Pygo" was a submissive and almost worshiping name for the lord or king of our nation. It has its roots in the name of the highest existence in the fire-history -Pyro the Passionate. Even the most common fire ability is called after him: Pyrokinesis.

"Ferna, don't call him like that. His ego is going to break the ceiling once again if you don't stop. You know exactly that he's my father and your uncle. "
"And coincidentally the ruler of the entire fire nation. Grow up!" , Ferna snapped.

Azara's cousin is two years older, but acts like there is a difference of ten years between them.

"What are you doing here anyways?"

Azara was tired of this conversation. She answered mumbling, "As you can see, I'm braiding my hair for dinner. Thank you for being my father's lackey once again."

Ferna flipped her ponytail and couldn't went out without dramatically loud closing the door.