Damaged

Princess Bubblegum was in critical condition due to the exoskeleton being ripped from her spine. Marceline didn't understand how to deal with this as she tried to be there for her, but all that seemed left of PB was a limp, nearly dead body. PB suffered a series of candy matter transfusions as a way to cope with all of the mass she'd lost in candy. Almost like a comma, but she would wake any day now... The doctors weren't sure if she was going to be crippled or not, or what was going to happen, they didn't even know why the princess would risk attaching that machine to her spine. Meanwhile Finn was healing up nicely and Jake was dropping by on occasion to keep Finn company. Marceline had been plotting her revenge for a while, but when to complete it was the question...

   On a particular day, 2 weeks after the incident, PB startled awake and looked around as she inhaled sharply and shouted. "AAAAAAAH!!!" Marceline had been napping as she jolted awake and saw PB there, looking startled and she sighed as she smiled.

   "I'm so glad you're awake." She said as she stood up and held PB's hand gently. "How're you feeling?" She asked as she seemed fairly happy that PB was awake, but her body had been unusually warmer, almost alive feeling. But it seemed as though Marcy wasn't phased by it, probably due to her worry for her lover.

   "I... I..." PB started slow, her breathing calming as she slowly moved her hand to curl around Marcy's and she attempted to move her legs but there was no movement... She stared down at her feet and tried to move them... "Mh... My legs..." She said as she looked at Marceline. "What happened? Where's my exoskeleton? Where's Finn???" She asked, her voice raspy from lack of use as she cleared it gently.

   Marceline looked to PB's legs and realized she was paralyzed as she gently caressed the side of her face and spoke. "I'm sorry... The doctors tore it off, Bonnie, why was it attached to your spine? Why would you test run it with sure a large risk factor? I'm not worth being like this for... You can't even move your legs now! Glob..." she said as she looked worried, big bags under her eyes from the nights of restlessness.

   "Marcy, I'll be fine, baby..." She said as she smiled and held Marcy's cheeks in her hands, gently squishing them together as she lightly kissed those lips. "Now, where's Finn?" She asked as she looked around. "Is he..." She looked at Marceline, her eyes big with curiosity.

   "He's fine, he's in the room across from you, but most of his bones broke in that scuffle so now he's re-cooperating.. And so are you... And no, you're not fine, they're probably going to test your mental health and physical abilities, and your legs are all jacked up... They'll wanna keep you here and junk.... And no one can run the kingdom right now... Especially not you in your current condition, so.... I uh... I volunteered, because I know how much it means to you to keep it close, instead of letting the Lemon Grabs or the King of Ooo run it..." She said as she sighed softly.

   "Noooo, no no no, give me custody of my kingdom, Marceline, we both know you can't do it... Ugh, if they hadn't ripped my exoskeleton out, I would have been able to easily remove it and we wouldn't be in this freaking situation! And Finn is right across from me?!? His bones will probably fricken heal before my legs even start to rehabilitate! Darn it! Marceline... Marceline... Marcy..." She said as she sighed and shut her eyes. "I should be glad I survived this, but honestly now I'm just stressed out..." She said as she rubbed her temples. "Listen, just... Just keep it going, the kingdom, just. Donʻt make any new laws, and it should be okay. If problems arise, text me." She said as she gently pulled Marcy over, eyes open as she made Marcy lean over the bed and she kissed her gently on the lips. "Thank you..."

   Marceline blushed and kissed back as she pulled away and nodded. "Of course... Once they let you go, you can run it again, but again they might wanna keep you for a long time..." She said as she smiled softly at Bonnie and gently caressed her cheek. "It sucks that this happened. It's late though, I'll call in a nurse and let you rest, they need to check your vitals and what not... And I um, I haven't exactly eaten in a while either." She said as her eyes were starting to narrow. "I'll be back later." She said as she smiled and waved, leaving and calling a nurse over on her way out as she flew off to go get a bite.