Rehab

She stood... She stood! Princess Bubblegum stood there, finally free of her chair now as she regained full function of her legs, she walked across her room then smiled softly to herself, it was as if she never got chair bound. It had been a year since that night she saw Marcy like that and she vowed, without knowing it, to regain her ability to walk. Slow, but steady she made her progress and now she was going to help Marceline with her problem. 

   She walked over to Marcy's cave and saw her, again on the grass, on her lawn. She sighed as she moved her hand to hold Marceline's and she sat down beside her and she held her. Tears built in her eyes, but she tried to hold them back... She had to be strong for them both now as she spoke, "hey." She was firm with her words but her actions were soft... "Wake up." She said sternly.

   Marcy's eyes opened slowly as she looked up at PB and she sat up and backed away quickly. "Wh-what?" She noticed the other didn't have a chair and she then narrowed her eyes. "You're a real..." She rubbed her eyes. "I've only seen dreams...." She then shook her head. "Wow." She then looked away and made a face. "What? Convenient for you to come see me now? You're a real piece of work..." She scowled. How could she? She told her to go, go for a year and some months.... Doesn't she feel any kind of remorse? Marcy wouldn't let up to easily as she spoke. "I want... I want nothing to do with you." She got up, then hunched over and raised her finger as she hurried off into her house then to the toilet, pushing someone out of the way as she hurled into the bowl and flushed it, the sudden change in altitude made her dizzy and nauseous.

   She eventually walked back, she hadn't even realized she was only in underwear again as she tried to talk but PB interrupted as she stood up. "Marceline, stop. I am sorry, for everything." She said as she walked over and took her hand in her own. Marceline hissed and pulled away.

   "Sorry? You're SORRY? Oh my god. Oh my fucking. God. Do you understand how important you are to me? I ruined myself because I couldn't have you. I stopped feeling things, I've gone NUMB, and now, now I can do whatever. I can drink, I can do other stuff without feeling anything towards it. Do you understand... Hah, I shouldn't have asked, of course you wouldn't understand. You NEVER understand anything emotional. You think just because you're walking, we can be together again, Bonnie- no, Princess. I can't believe you've shown your face again."

   Princess Bubblegum stared at her as she spoke and she felt the pain Marcy was in, she saw the tears run down Marcy's cheeks as she spoke. "I got better, Marceline, to come here and help you. Ever since I saw you that night, I've gone and done all of this, for you." She said softly as she took a step closer, only for Marcy to back away. "Please, let me help you..." 

   "No. You left me, you told me you fucking hate me. You hate me. Well. I hate you! So just, just fucking go. If I died today, I would be so fucking relieved because I would cease existing on a world without you in it. Without this... I don't even know if it's pain or numbness anymore, these feelings, they never stop!" She dropped to her knees and clutched her chest. "I don't have a heart, but if it existed, it would have literally broken, I would be dead, I should be dead. I've drank so much, if I were human I would be dead..." 

   PB stared down at her and sighed softly as she walked over, knelt down with her and held her close to herself. Marceline felt the warmth and she clung, her arms around the other as she cried hard into her shoulder. She wasn't really mad at PB, just at herself... "I'm sorry... Let me help you." She said gently as she ran a hand through Marcy's matted, unkempt hair. "I'm so, so sorry... Please." She listened to her cry and she held herself back from crying as well as she shut her eyes gently. 

   Marceline clung to PB before she laid down... She laid down on the grass and spoke. "I'm not strong... Bonnie. I'm not strong enough to exist anymore. To live..." She looked over at her. "Don't you get it?" She teared up more and clenched her fists tightly. "I just want to cease existing, I want it so badly... I want to accidentally just impale myself on a wooden steak or catch fire and that would be it for me. You're here... You're finally here, but I can't..." She looked over at PB through teary eyes. "What can I do? What is left?" 

   The princess stared down at her ex and she sighed softly as she got up and helped Marceline up. "First, you need to take a shower, then you can come with me so we can get you some help." She said as she walked in with Marceline and sat where it was clean enough to which was nowhere so instead she stood against a wall and let Marcy ready herself, fortunately the home was enchanted, as soon as the last limp body was gone, the home tidied itself. Marceline bathed and dressed appropriately before walking out to be with the princess, a half length sleeved leather jacket, skinny jeans and a shirt with her band logo on it as she walked with her back to the kingdom and she was sat with a group of people and one moderator... A peer group. Seriously.

   As the group went on, Marceline remained as quiet and anonymous as possible before she left the group halfway in and she made her way over to the princess's sleep quarters and she spoke. "That was lame! God you're like a mom... I don't want this, I don't even want you!" She groaned out. "I just, I just need to be alone..." She shook her head and wanted to fly off but it was already day time so she sat in the barely used lab, arms crossed, eyes on the floor, needing to think more than anything currently.

   "Marcy." Pb tried to go after her but unfortunately never was able to catch up as she sighed and figured she was in the lab, she let her cool off for a bit before going over and sitting across from her. "What's wrong? Did you give it a try?" She asked as she looked at her, her eyes quiet and tentative as she hoped to get some answers.

   "I don't need counseling, princess. I need to get... I need..." She looked away. "I don't know. I don't know why I feel like this. Everything... Is colorless, not in a traditional sense, but the hobbies I once loved. All meaningless... I partied because it was all I could think to do, when I drink I'm a better person." She said as she looked Bonnie in the eye. "Why do you even care anymore?"

   Bonnie nodded at each statement and listened to her, trying to pick up on anything useful as she answered. "Because, even if we aren't together, I still love you, I love you more than the entire land of Ooo's people, mountains, plains, even my own subjects. We used to be in love... You are the only relationship I had that I felt like a person of value. It is so important to me that you are happy... And it upsets me that I can not help."

   "Is that it? You just care.... Shut up, you don't really care...You just feel guilt, that's all. Like I did all that time ago, when you were in your chair and I didn't know how to help you, I felt upset at first and I cared sure, but when you banished me... I felt guilt. Then after that, nothingness..." She said as she shook her head. "You're an ass hole for thinking that doing this would show you care. Showing that you care, would have been staying that night many moons ago... When I collapsed before you... But instead, you rolled away. You turned your BACK-" She stood up and growled. "YOU TURNED YOUR BACK AND WENT." She shook her head and turned her back on Bonnie, walking away. "You are pointless..."

   "Marcy... Can't we talk about this on more reasonable terms? I... I didn't know what else to do... I was scared, and seeing you like that, it tore me up. I couldn't just stay, I wouldn't have been able to hold you like I did..." She said as she she frowned softly. "Can't you see, I love you so much." She got up and confidently walked towards the vampire and attempted to hold her. 

   PB felt air as Marcy floated to the ceiling and shook her head. "It's not just you... It's me. I can't... I can't see clearly anymore, I can't think right anymore... I'm done." She said gently as she floated to the door and stood there on the ground. "Heh... Hey, if I left this world, would you follow?" She asked as she looked at the door. "Would you?" She asked again as she touched the door gently. "All it would take for me, is to stand out in the sun, and I would cease to exist... Finn would be happy, you wouldn't have to worry about me anymore." She said as she looked over her shoulder just to see PB again. "Don't you think... That would be great?" She asked as she then floated over to Bonnibel and kissed her lips softly. "I think... I think it's time." She said as she smiled weakly to her.

   Bonnie grabbed her hand tightly and stared at her. "Stop it. No. You're not going. You're staying here. Please, don't think such irrational things, we can still do this, you'll be okay, g-give it a week, I'll... I'll take you to a mental health specialist, and we'll kick this. Come on, me and you." She said softly as she looked at Marcy, her eyes hopeful.

   Marceline didn't want to, she was ready to go, but she looked at her and she nodded. "Fine... A week." She said as she held PB in her arms, tight and close. Her eyes were more dead now than ever, her thoughts on how much easier it would be to just go, she felt like a shell, a shell of her former self as she sighed softly and held onto PB tightly. She knew there wasn't much left to be done as she wanted to at least give this a try...