Broken

Marceline woke, eyes blurred as she stared at the sun barely starting to peak over the horizon, not even far enough along to touch her yet as the girl next to her mumbled in her sleep and she looked around, eyes blinking slow... "Mh..." She saw trash and people laying around, most of them naked for some reason, surprisingly she kept a pair of boy shorts on as she moved her hand to rub her eyes she moved her arm out from under the girl. She shook her head gently and sat up, her hands going behind her, gently squishing the soft grass to keep her upright. 

   "Fuck..." She whispered to herself as she held her head in one hand. She was hung over, she got drunk off her ass last night. She gently smacked her lips together then she gently pushed the other girl. "Hey, hey." She said aloud then asked. "Did uh, did we do stuff?" She asked, she wasn't really aware of what she did last night after all. This was the 20th time this month.... She lost a sense of anything and since she was so numb all the time she dedicated herself to trying to feel things, whatever that may mean.

   The girl woke and glanced over her shoulder at Marcy with a small grin. "Baby, you let me ride your face, ALL night last night, I came at least 10 times..." She giggled then got up and gathered her clothes. "You kept trying to say something about a wife, someone's wife? I don't know but you even had a toy and you kept giving it to me." She licked her lips. "Whoever this wife was, is missing ou-"

   A look of horror flashed across the girl's face as Marceline sat on top of her and held the girl's throat in her hand, tight. She stared down at her and clenched her jaw tightly. "Don't ever talk like that about my wife... Er... My ex girlfriend. I will end you." She hissed out before she felt the sun on her back and she released her, hissing in pain as she got what looked like her clothes and she hurried off, trying to get home before the sun really came out, flying low to the ground and using nearby land marks to make it to her cave.

   That same morning, Princess Bubblegum was doing her morning physical rehab. She hadn't gotten better, not since the night she left Marceline... Before she was making some progress but it seemed like she had given up on life, she was holding the rails tightly as she attempted to move her legs... Or at least just remained there but Peppermint Butler was there holding her mostly, she was a wreck... She ended up falling over, it wouldn't be the first time... She laid there for a good while, her eyes staring blankly off to the side as she held herself in her arms and spoke. "Do you think... I'm useless?" She asked her butler.

   Peppermint Butler quickly ran off and got her wheelchair, bringing it close he helped her up into her chair and sighed. "My lady... You are only like this because you miss her." He said pointedly as he then sighed and poked her belly. "You've given up because you no longer have love in your heart to encourage you to go on. Everyone can see it... You don't even care about the kingdom anymore..." He said softly as he fixed her hair a bit and sighed. "If you want my opinion. I think you should try and see her today. I bet that would change your tune, maybe tonight?" He suggested as he smiled some.

   PB was helped up and she looked at him a bit. She listened to him, it had been months since she last saw her... Maybe... She looked down at the ring on her finger. Maybe it was time. "Maybe you're right... I should try to today. Um... You don't have to come along with me, I want to go on my own." She suggested as she rolled herself over to pick out clothes. Peppermint Butler followed and she spent all day readying herself and eating small portions of food throughout, later that night she made her way out to go see Marceline.

   Marcy was drunk in her own home, a party it seemed, again... She had the music pumping and she was drinking heavy, alcoholics and red! She was yelling about something to her friend as she grinned. "Yeah so I was like, no dude, you're out of line like fuck!" She chuckled as she got up and grabbed her bass and played a few sloppy notes. "See I sung it, like it was so cool, you had to be there!" The door bell rang...

   PB saw a man sprawled on the lawn, another girl hanging out the window as she sat there in her seat, flowers in her lap as she wondered if she should just try another time- oh too late, the door's opening... Well, here we go.

   Marcy came to the door, dressed in socks, and a pair of boxer briefs as she blinked a few times, she looked gone, far gone as she leaned onto the doorway, past her, there were people snorting lines, another hanging from the ceiling and she burped into her hand grossly as she looked at the disgruntled woman on her porch. "Are.... What...?" Was what she asked as she saw the flowers she looked and finally recognized it was Bonnibel.... She stared at her now, her face flushed red. "L-listen, I was just uh... I was, there was a thing." She said as she then saw Bonnie roll away, she grabbed a jacket and put it on, following her as she got dizzy from being just a foot off the ground she followed on foot after throwing up off to the side. "Waiiiish!"

   Bonnie couldn't believe it... Her ex was a partying, numb faced ass hole... She didn't want to see that, she had drugs, booze... Bonnie then stopped and thought about it, This was probably Marceline's way of coping with it. She then turned around to see Marcy tripping over herself and she shook her head, she rolled over and moved her arm around the other to hold her as she held her tightly, she spoke. "I wanted to say hi. But it's clear, you're a mess..." Her eyes were full of tears. "And the fact that this was my fault, only means it would be counterproductive for me to come see you... So." She pushed her to stand up and handed her the flowers... "Here..." She then backed and turned and rolled away.

   Marcy stood there dumbstruck. She didn't even zip up the jacket, her bare chest gently illuminated in the moon light as she fell to her knees then sat back on her heels, she stared for a long time then called out loudly, as if PB was a mile away. "B-bonnibel! Wait." She then lowered her voice. "C-cannot we talk hm? If we jus'... Jus' tall..." She then mumbled. "Li'e... Love deep..." She then blinked a few times, trying to figure herself out as she looked around. "Wha'... Outshide sync whine?" She fell over and fell asleep on top of the flowers as she snored lightly.

   Bonnie watched her when she spoke but kept her distance, she saw her swaying and honestly was surprised she didn't throw up as she rolled over when she fell and she wished she could kneel by her and hold her... "This is what you've become... A party demon, who's reached her limit. And it's my fault... It's my fault..." She shook her head and rolled back, turned herself around then rolled away, she couldn't stand to see her like this, and she felt horrible, her tears streaming down her cheeks as she cried.

   Marcy woke that morning to the burning of the sun, she'd gotten scars across her back from doing that so often now as she floated into her home and saw the mess.... She then looked at the crushed flowers and she rubbed her head. "Oh my god..." She mumbled to herself as she shut her eyes and sighed. "Wow, way to go you moron..." She hit her own forehead then swiftly regretted it as she held her head into her hands. "Ngh..." She mumbled as she went to bed, letting everyone make their way home on their own as she laid under the sheets, her undead companion walking over to lay in bed with her. 

   Back at the castle, Pep But walked over and handed PB some tea. "You should have seen her, she just... She looked so lost, gone... I just." She shook her head and sighed. "It was a mistake to go see her." She said as she rolled over to a window overlooking her kingdom, but just faintly she could see her ex lover's home... "I wish I had never gone." She said softly as she shut her eyes. "Lets do some rehabilitation."