Marriage

"Today is the day." Said three distinct voices simultaneously. The first of the voices was staring into a mirror, eyes tired of just endless days spent crying herself to sleep. During the nights she'd eat just enough to avoid feral mode. And put on a facade to convince others of her well being. However, deep down, underneath it all she was broken. She often thought about her life prior to last week when she was truly happy. Before everything happened...

"My Queen!~" Called a friendly male, somewhat deep voice, followed by some knocking on her door. Marceline jumped at the sound then quickly made her way over as she opened the door she was presented with a bouquet, hand picked by the well dressed hero. "Hello lovely lady." He bowed as he extended his hand and Marceline gently gripped it, off they went, the sun had just set. Still a soft warmth in the air before the cold would set in. Smiling, the vampire looked to her husband to be by the end of the night and they made their way to the Candy Kingdom to solidify their marriage in the eyes of a great leader.

As soon as they arrived Marcy was whisked away to have her dress fitted one last time before the big ceremony. Many candy people tirelessly working on her dress and quickly making updates on it as Marceline looked at herself in the mirror and turned so her right side faced the mirror. She'd lost weight rapidly... Her eating habits having costed her the slight pudge she once had that kept her slightly warmer in the colder nights. Now she was as thin as a board but it's not like anyone noticed... She tried whenever she could to cover herself up and not let people worry about her.

"Wow." Commented a normally cold calculating voice as she shooed the candy people out of the room after the alterations were finished and she walked over as she saw the bride to be. "So." She said as she walked up next to Marceline and spoke. "You're going through with this." She sounded rather disappointed as she moved her arms across her own chest and looked over to Marceline her pink hair cascading down to her upper back as she watched the other quietly.

Marceline felt the gaze and she looked to her long time lover and friend Princess Bubblegum. "Bonnie, listen." She started as she walked over to her and sighed. "He openly loves me unconditionally and he asked me... I just said yes." She said as she felt the other looking her over and staring quite a bit at her eyes.

"You're tired." She said flatly as she almost ignored the comments Marceline said. "Do you like him?" She asked, looking for the answer, knowing it already but wanting to hear her say it. "Do you think it's worth hurting me like this? You're only killing yourself..." She said as she sighed and shook her head.

"N-no I don't like him as much as I like you...... I-I don't know! I'm not trying to hurt you!" She looked frightened as she tried to answer the questions. "Listen! You haven't heard how I felt... How I've been feeling.." She said with a depressed sigh. "C-Can't you say something, anything to call this all off. I don't want to do this..." She said openly, she didn't know what to do she was conflicted and confused.

The pink haired girl watched Marceline suffer from the thoughts in her mind, the emotions she felt "Marceline... You did this to yourself. You're the one that said yes." she stated bluntly as if these were all facts and as it was they are. "I only have a few words left for you, live with your actions." She ended and went to prepare herself, shutting the door as she walked into her own room and adorned her robes. As she stood her arms apart the candy people dressed her in a more fitting attire. In her mind she was getting upset, thinking about her friend and how she'd have to give her away to Finn. Finn was a hero but he was naive. She didn't want to do this, give her vampire girl friend away to some immature kid.

Marcy's fists slammed the hard candy door as she slowly fell to her knees, forehead touched to the door as she sniffed and sobbed quietly alone... Her mind replaying the scene between her and the princess just then, trying to gauge where it was the other was in all of this. She then quickly dug her nails into the door with one quick jab and she whispered. "I can't live without you... Only exist." As she sat there, feeling utterly defeated.