I've Had Time To Think

Marceline was laying in her bed, literally. She wasn't in the mood to float as she had her hands on her stomach and her eyes wide open, she thought about what was said over and over replaying the same scene in her head. 'you just... have a way of ruining everything!' then the leaving, the crying.... She sighed as she wished Bonnie could just see how pained she was... She got up and got her bass as she played for a bit, just sad, low tunes as she sighed heavily. The weight of not talking to her, heaving on her heart as she shut her eyes and played away.

~Knock knock~ Her door sounded as she put her bass down and flew over, her thoughts on who it could be as she opened up the door and Finn stood there. He looked to her for a bit then spoke. "Mh... Listen, Marceline, I forgive you, mostly because I understand why you did it..." He said as he looked very upset still as he watched her. His hand behind his back as he smiled sorrowfully.

"Hm? You understand why I did what I did?" She asked as she seemed unsure of what Finn was even talking about, her eyes glanced away from his to his arm as she pointed and asked. "What's that?" She looked curious as she made a small face, he was acting really weird and this was all so sudden.

Finn nodded slowly. "And, now I understand what I have to do." He said as he stared directly as her and his smile grew in creepiness and size as he then pulled a wooden stake and he jabbed at her with it. He growled as he had crazy in his eyes. "You're a freaky monster, and you need to die! You hurt our princess and she hasn't moved for days!" His intentions were good, Marceline grabbed the stake and flung him behind herself then floated into the air as she stared at him for a long while.

"She did it to herself." She said as she felt her emotions blow up out of control, her eyes swirling, pulsing as she growled. "It's your fault, you're a little piss ant that's picking the wrong fight." She snarled as she felt her face extend to grow a muzzle as she growled and rushed at him, her hands extended as he drew his sword and slashed away at her, Marceline took the hits as she grabbed his wrists and threw him right out of her front door, she then shut it and locked it as she turned back into her normal self and flew off, thankfully the sun was about to set as she crept into the shadows of the cave.

As soon as the sun went down, Finn went home and Marceline took off towards the princess's castle, invisble and trying to see if what he said was true as she hurried and stood on her feet, peeking into her room, there she saw a lump under the covers as she walked in, shut the door and approached. Her eyes on that lump as she walked over slowly and placed a hand, she felt it shift then sit up as the princess looked up, her face was pale, her eyes partially closed as she reached a hand to rub her swelled up eyes. "Who's there?" She asked as she stared the other down, trying to determine who it was.

"Marceline." Marcy said softly as she sat on the edge of the bed, she looked at her, her hand reached out to moved her hair out of her way as she spoke. "Finn says you haven't been moving." She said softly as she now had scars where Finn slashed at her and she locked eyes with Bonnie for a while as she awaited an explanation.

"I haven't... Now get out of here... All you do is hurt me, all I do is hurt you. Can't you see we're toxic for each other." She said as she stared at her, feeling a hand she flinched back from as she watched the other cautiously. "Once, long ago we used to be able to be together. Now... I don't know anymore." She said as she watched Marceline, her expression pained as she reached up and held Marcy's wrist gently. "I love you still." She admitted "And I always will..."

Marceline watched her and she leaned in and pressed her forehead to Bonnie's. "And I love you too... But if we hurt each other like this, I don't think it's a good idea for us to try this again, it's always been the same since we first broke up, things are good for a while, then something happens. I get upset or you... Then we kill each other emotionally. I..." Marceline paused as she pulled away and took in a deep breath, releasing slowly. "You can't be like this anymore. Focus on your kingdom and work... I can't be with you anymore, Finn is pissed." She said as she turned on a lamp to show Bonnie the scars. "I need to leave, leave for a long time... Travel, see places, grow as a person, I can't be around you for now." She said as tears formed in her eyes.