Chapter 1- Azara

As Azara entered the gray hallway, she did not hear the masses of people cheering, sitting around the arena at the end of the hallway. She did not smell the burning ashes of the fire, placed in a perfect circle around the arena. The only thing she could perceive was the feeling of warm tingles on her skin. They only appear when both Azara's mind and body are thoroughly focused on fire. Ready to use her power to fight the person in front of her- no matter who it would be. That is how she was raised and what she was trained for.

Azara's bared feet touched the ground. She could feel the dust as she eventually entered the arena. Her job was to create a show for the crowd, but still- the fight is not scripted. Azara knew what she had to do- and she was good at it. She slowly raised her head in order to dramatically lay her bright blue eyes onto her "competitor" - A short, musculus Pyro (fire) wielder with a puffed chest. She could tell he was a Pyro wielder, within seconds, not only by his traditional bending outfit, for men it was typically a bare chest and red-brownish wide pants with flame ornaments, but also by the way he was standing. His broad gesture told her about his advanced strength and his missing strategy. How could you possibly more feed the stereotype of a Pyro empire member?

Both took a step forward to each other until they had a distance of 2-feet between them. Azara and the Pyro master put their wrists routinely on the ground. This process is not just a tradition that connects everyone using their forces before fighting; it is more than that. Azara knew that the origin of her power was the core of Yuvis, the planet they are all living on. It connected the empires of every element: Pyro (fire), Agua (water), Aero (air), Terria (earth), and even the mysterious Lux (light)- and Nox (darkness)-empires. That is why they first bond to the ground- to use the power of the planet itself. There are tons of myths and tales about the true origin, but Azara didn't need a story to believe in- she was already believing in her strength. She had to.

The flames from the circle around them tingled up to their wrists. The battle began. She felt the unbearable force built up in her body. Azara sent the flames to her left foot while releasing it through a rapid kick. Her opponent stamped his foot vigorously into the ground, so the dust of the arena swirled up. The circular movement of his strong arms created a shield of flames- defeating the flames she attacked him with. Before he could even think about attacking, Azara drew circles with both of her hands. As she sent them to her counterpart with a battle cry which was the main reason for him to take a step back. He never had a chance. Desperately trying to cover up his embarrassing lack of strategical thinking, he stamped his foot in the ground again. It sent a straight line of flames to the place she stood moments before she jumped. She was tired of this. Heat built up inside her. Everything around her seemed to slow down, but her. Precisely drawing a circle into the dust, she closed her eyes and raised her head. Using the force of the sun instead of the fire around her, she led the force to both of her hands. Her opponent could not do anything, paralyzed by the daintiness of her movement- strong like in a battle, enchanting like in a dance. The force of the sunlight mixed with the flames in her hand created a blending ball in her hand. Not until she released it, she opened her eyes. The Pyro wielder laid on the ground scolding and cursing, overwhelmed by her power.

She looked up to the king's throne and looked her father right in the eyes. Keeping her daintiness as always, she turned around on her heels. Still having an ashy taste in her mouth she entered the gray hallway again.