Before Jennie could even finish her words, her puppy reached for Jisoo to be petted. They could hear the affectionate barking and he licked the other girl's hand. This earned surprised chuckles from both girls.

"Will you look at that?" Jisoo commented because as soon as Jennie let him go, he was contented to be received in the other girl's arms.

"Yah! Kuma! I'm your mom! What's wrong with you?"

"There's nothing wrong with him, Jen. Don't be so sassy with him."

They didn't notice, too into their own little world but Jinwoo's eyebrows slightly raised as he heard the nickname. His cousin didn't even look offended at the remark which could've caused some lashing out way back before. As far as he knows, only a few people could call Jennie by her name let alone a shortened version of it. He watched with silent amusement as Jennie and Jisoo banter with each other.

"I'm not sassing him!"

Jisoo was busy playing with Kuma that she exclaimed with every bit of affection she felt for him. In fact, it was returned too which made her increase her liking for it by a thousand times more. "He likes me! Aww!"

"Yeah well he loves me! I'm his mom!"

"I think he wants me to be his mom too."

Jennie prevented a huge smile by fighting for her right with her pomeranian instead. "Kuma! Come here! Kuma-yah!"

When everything went back to its rightful place, which means Kuma in his original owner, Jinwoo didn't mind holding back the chuckle he had. The two girls were clearly enjoying themselves with the mere addition of the gorgeous fur ball. Jennie eyed Jisoo before turning to her cousin.

"Oppa."

"Yes?"

"Thank you for coming here and bringing Kuma along. I'm really happy that we could spend it together." She said with a smile but even when Jisoo's all for Jennie being happy, the thought of the two blood related people celebrating it together instead of with her kind of put down her spirits.

"I'm here to keep my promise."

"Yeah and about that..." Jinwoo blinked before Jennie hesitantly continued, "Jisoo also has to keep hers and I need to see through it."

He tilted his head to the side, giving the other girl a curious look. "You mean..?"

"We have plans. Don't we, Jisoo?"

With pair of eyes that she both adores focusing on her, Jisoo was almost petrified to even open her mouth. They both awaited answers and she didn't know which expectation to exceed. It was either confessing that Jennie spending it with her in a place without him should be prioritized. Or brushing it off like it was no big deal and letting the two spend Christmas like how they were supposed to in the first place.

"Um yeah we do but... your cousin's already here, Jennie, and--" Jisoo took one look at the slight crease on the latter's forehead, at the beginnings of a pout and frown before she realized nothing else mattered. Jennie would be disappointed too if they didn't go as planned. She sensed the excitement in her when they woke up and it might not be only because Jinwoo's arrival after all. No, those hopeful eyes staring at her instead of the other person in the room whom Jennie waited for could mean that she was expecting more from her other than putting the plan off. "I'd really like to make this Christmas worth remembering for you. For her, Jinwoo-ssi... oppa."

She corrected herself which probably sounded weird to the young man. Jennie didn't mind though as she even graced her with a smile. They would've been caught in shared gazes with promising words to convey in between them but a clearing of throat brought them back to present time.