Ch 46: Caught,

Mulai dari awal

• "I'm going to kill you. You know that right?" Violet sneered, hauling a fist on the bench with frustration.
"That didn't even make much sense Louis" Clem laughed, shaking her head with a grin.
Louis simply leaned back with a smug expression, "y'all are just hatin'."
"I liked the joke!" AJ spoke up with the widest grin you've ever seen. This only boosted Louis' ego, "I'm glad you did, little dude. It was a funny joke!" He held his hands in the air with exasperation.
A.J. nodded happily, "uh-huh! Come on Clem, admit it was at least a littttle funny" the boy nudged at Clem who sighed. "Ok.. I'll admit, it wasn't the worst joke you've said today so far."

"Wanna bet if I can make an even more 'terrible' one before the night ends?" Louis challenged, putting the quotation marks on 'terrible' with his fingers.
You shake you head with a sigh, "please don't" you say with a giggle. Louis turned to you with a look of horror, placing a hand on his chest dramatically- "gasp! Y/n, you should be on my side. Oh mah gawd.. I've been betrayed!!" Louis bellowed out jokingly. Violet instantly rolling her eyes with a scrunched up face, "you're seriously acting like one of those cringy high-school girls. Gasp? Really?? That's what they say because they're too lazy to actually gasp" Vi scoffed, "orrr they could just not know how to gasp.. so they take the easy route by just saying the word instead." She finished with a sigh.
"Sigh.. you're no fun!" Louis replied, snickering to himself.

"And you actually just want to die, huh?" The Blonde growled with warning.
"Ok, ok that's enough for tonight." Clementine chuckled nervously. Problem was, no one could ever tell if Violet was legitimately being serious or not- for instance, she could be threatening you but you would just assume she was joking.. or when she was joking you'd think she was being for real. She really is confusing... and dangerous to a certain extent. You piss her off and then you've officially signed your will and dug your own grave. It also doesn't take much to set her off.. so you always choose words carefully and walk on eggshells just in case- you still barely know her after all. But you know her enough at the same time. So, you're strangers but also you're not.

Ah, the magic of confusion.

"Could I hang out with Tenn for a bit before bed?" AJ pleaded to Clem as they walked away.
You watch as she hesitated but let him go once she glanced at the pleading look on his face.
Honestly you would give in as well.
"Ah little guy is finding his way around." Louis chuckled, smiling fondly at the little boy who jumped in the air with a little victory dance.
"The puppy dog eyes always work" Violet scoffed jokingly.
"Not on Marlon though." You scowl. Thinking back to a memory with distaste.

The Blonde looked over at you for a second and gave you a small nod, "Well.. speaking of rat-boy, I better be getting some sleep myself. Marlon has dumped a shit-load of work on me for tomorrow." she groaned at the thought of doing her long list of chores.
Violet then stood up stretching her arms and waved to the two of you before walking off into the building with an even more hunched back than usual from all the tiredness and exhaustion pulling at her.

You felt Louis' stare piercing on you. Oh god.. please don't tell me he knows...
You await for the worst but as you spin around in your seat to face him, he's only staring at you with a goofy smile. You mentally thank the heavens for dodging yet another bullet.
"So..." he started awkwardly, his eyes never leaving yours. If there was one thing he's good at- it'd be his talent for holding eye contact.
You begin to feel intimidated, your hands becoming clammy. "So.." you reply in the same awkward tone.
Louis flashes a wider grin and scoots to sit closer whilst placing an elbow on the table, leaning his head on his hand- "you come here often?" He suddenly says in the smoothest tone. You wanted to cringe so bad.
You let out a snort unintentionally, "wouldn't you like to know, chair-leg boy." You smirk sassily. [A/N: who got the reference? ^^]