Chapter 8

Chapter 8

"Niall. How long were you standing there?" I asked sheepishly. 

"Since the beginning of your conversation..." he said, taking a step forward. 

"So, you're not Eleanor?" he asked in a hushed tone. 

"No..." I answered, looking at my feet. 

"Come with me, we're going for a walk. I want you to tell me everything." he sternly ordered. I nodded and followed him out of the room. He led me downstairs, through the lobby, and to the small park on the corner. We sat side by side on the swings, neither of us speaking. Just lost in our own thoughts. I decided it was time to explain.

"It started about a week ago." I began. "My best friends planned this trip, to come to London. We were here for barely a day before Eleanor found me. She just wanted to talk to me, but as you see that turned out to be a lot more than just a talk." I chortled. 

"What did you two talk about?" Niall questioned, staring intently at my features. I didn't look at him though, I just stared straight ahead. 

"She explained that she wanted privacy for a while. A vacation, without the fans and paparazzi. She didn't want anyone to know that, so she pretty much hired me to pretend to be her until she was ready to go back to her regular life." 

"That doesn't tell me where she is now." 

"That's the thing. She's pretending to be me. Niall, she's cheating on Louis with my neighbor. I don't even know if she realizes that she's cheating, because technically she's me right now." I spoke softly. 

"Does she like him?" 

"They're dating and they kissed. It just doesn't seem right." 

"Can I tell you something?" he asked. 

"Anything." I replied, finally looking into his eyes. 

"I knew something was off ever since you walked into our flat last week. You were just...different. The Eleanor that we know, is pretty uptight. She doesn't curse, eat junky, cook, or have an American accent." 

I laughed when he mentioned my accent. 

"But the fact that when you had to pretend to be Eleanor, you didn't. You continued to be yourself, and honestly we love you. The real you. We adore your laughter, your constant hunger, when you curse, and we love your accent." 

"More like making fun of my accent." I muttered. Niall chuckled and placed his hand on mine. 

"I promise I won't tell anyone. I like you, and I don't want you to have to leave because everyone found out. You're different from Eleanor, but a good different." he finished. I stared at him for a few second, then latched my arms around his neck. He pulled me into a tight hug.