The Next Ophelia

Somewhere in Planet Neptune
Two months later...

Ying's POV

My friends and I are sailing over the planet's rough seas. Our spaceship was transformed into an awesome-looking ship, just like the ones I used to see at the Earth's harbor. We have just rescued another power sphere named Aquabot and it is now in the care of Gopal. We're still hear because Papa Zola once again broke one of our engines and we need to wait for Ochobot to finish charging up.

So while waiting, I decided to have a look on the deck. You know, sight seeing is a good way to distract one's mind. Instead of cutting yourself.

Last week I've been starting to cut my left arm. I hide these scars under my sleeve over a pile of bandages, and two bloody razor blades in my bag. To me, I deserve it. It is my punishment for not... for not saving-

I furiously shook my head and instead I begin to let my thoughts wander off randomly.

Geez, the waters here aren't good for swimming. Or even for running.

I doubt our ship would last long enough. Ochobot needs to charge up pretty quick.

Who knows what lurks beneath these waters. Maybe there's a shark down there. A very, very big shark that has abnormal teeth and it would send Gopal to panic mode.

Or maybe there's gigantic whale that could tear our ship apart! Like Moby Dick. The one that-

"Ying."

I turn around and find Boboiboy already beside me. He is also gazing at the blue stormy waves but, whenever a gust of wind blew past us, he holds his cap tightly.

Ever since his fight with Captain Kaizo, he's been bringing up small talks to distract himself and sometimes he doesn't even talk to us. Boboiboy may have a grudge on Fang's brother, but he still contains it. He might unleash his fire element on all of us.

"Can we talk?" he asks.

I frown as I casually hide my left arm behind my back. "You know that we're not together anymore, Boboiboy."

"Yeah," he agreed. "But, as your friend, I was wondering..."

"What is it?"

"Is there something special with that penguin keychain?"

I look at my right hand and, to my surprise, I was now clutching the same keychain Fang had given to me.

"Oh, this," I hold it up so that he can see it clearly. "It symbolizes the unbreakable friendship between me and Fang."

Wait, it's friendship, right? Or was it love?

Boboiboy nods solemnly. "Is that why you want to break up with me?"

"What are you talking about?" I quickly retort, then playfully punched his shoulder. "You already know my true intentions."

"Yes, yes," he says. "Thanks for making me realize... that I really do love her. No offense here, Ying."

I put a fake smile on my face. "I told you so. Better confess to her right now before it's too late."

"Ying, this isn't a perfect place to-"

"To talk while you're still in duty," someone interjected between us.

Boboiboy and I jump back and see my friend, Yaya, crossing her arms.

"So, this is where the exes spend their time to reconcile to each other. Secretly." she deductively says, eyes now glaring at us.

"No, no, no," we quickly wave our hands. "This is not what you think it is."