The First to Bail Out

Niagara Falls, New York/Canada,
Planet Earth
One year later...

Fang's POV

Humans say that this falls is the most beautiful site they had ever seen in the entire world. And it is. The large semi-circled waters simultaneously falling down, from the unseen cliff to the deepest depths of the waterfall's end. It was even more spectacular when it is frozen. Although you couldn't see the running waters, a person could still hear its roar trying to break free from the ice. The sky's may be gray and gloomy, but nothing can beat the overflowing happiness of the Niagara Falls.

However the gray sky is the real reason why I am here, sitting literally on the center edge of the frozen waterfall. The white moonlight is blocked by the clouds above and drops of snow begin to shower everywhere. The usual tourists aren't here because they are celebrating in their homes some occasion called Christmas, and none of the guides or guards are here to scour the whole place. The wild wolves and bears are now hibernating somewhere in the frosty woods.

Which that leaves me, the only being sitting alone on top of the dangerous thin ice.

I wanted to get away from the two greatest failures that I've experienced ever since the reconstruction of TAPOPS.

First was the disgrace I did in front of my brother, Captain Kaizo. I recklessly disobeyed his orders and that resulted to a failed mission with Boboiboy and the other getting hurt in the process. As punishment, he took away my shadow power watch and secretly tortured me almost to death. The gashes, burns and bruises- it still hurts and the shivering cold make it even more...

I shake my head and tightly hugged myself. I didn't brought some winter clothes, but that doesn't matter now.

What really made me shivered was my second greatest failure: me, confessing my love to Ying.

⟩»•«⟨

"What is it you're supposed to tell me?" she asked few weeks ago.

I took a deep breath and said: "I love you."

Then I explained everything to her: our time together, her beauty, my crazy thoughts, and my true realization.

Ying patiently listened to my speech with no interruptions, her eyes still gazing at every move I made.

When I was done and she didn't responded for a few seconds, I fumbled to get and give her my peace offering: a penguin keychain.

"This is to mark our unbreakable bond," I said to her as I showed her my own penguin keychain.

The girl of my dreams accepted the keychain and thought for a minute. I was absolutely sure that she would say yes to me and she would pull me into a slow passionate kiss.

Unfortunately Ying... rejected me. She said... she is now with the love of her life, Boboiboy.

There were other explanations and examples but her first reply was enough for me to understand.

Argh!! I was too late. That stupid human steal her away from my chance. I want to crush him immediately, beat him until he begs for my mercy.

But, when I glanced back at Ying, I realized she was very happy. So happy that she even noticed my unfolding anger. She sees me like a trusty friend, not a lover. And, if I suddenly burst all my anger to her and Boboiboy, I might also loose my trust on her.

Time passed by and she was done explaining. She happily left with my peace offering.

"I'll never forget our unbreakable friendship, Fang" she had said.