Being Apart

Lisa

It has been more than a month since Rafael has gone on his business trips. Now usually I don't mind but this time something in me feels off. Like I could lose him at any moment. Sure he has been on countless business trips away from home but why does this one feel different?

Lately he has been doing things out of the ordinary. Like having phone sex. Since when did he want to have sex over the phone and he seemed to enjoy touching himself more than he is with me. Not that I mind but I felt like I was the third party of something or whatever it is. And I could have sworn I heard something in the background. Course he assure me it was the television and he was in the middle of watching porn.

Sure our sex has always been amazing and there is not a day where he can't keep his hands off of me and yet why do I get the feeling he is more excited about have phone sex and cyber sex than usual and is a bit distant.

Still he manages to call me or vice versa but now his calls are coming when ever he wants to have sex. Maybe he misses me that much?

And just the other night he was watching porn! Since when have he watch porn. If he wanted to watch porn I could have watch porn with him. Why did he have to wait till he goes out of town. Something feels off. Our phone calls comes in short and I have never missed that we always or mostly I always get cut off.

Something's change. Is it him? Or is this business trip just stressing him out. Whatever the case when he comes home I'll just shower him with the love I had always shown him. And this time I'll make sure we have a baby. I think having a baby would be good for the both of us. He would make a great dad. He never fails me.

Last night however when we had our first cyber sex, right after he had jack off he literally shut me out. Not even an I love you or take care. He usually never misses and I love you. And is it just me or is he not alone. My mind then flash to Angelina's face and figure. I trust my husband of course I do, it is her I don't trust. Just thinking about her is bringing me all sorts of memories I wish to forget. Bad memories. "Angelina." Her name is like poison to my lips. From the moment I had seen her I never liked her. I see how she looks at my husband so when I first found out he was going away with her I get scared. Should I be scared after all I know what she is capable of. She is a snake and always will be a snake in sheep's clothing. Rafael is smart though, he won't fall for her sob stories. I just hope she won't feed him lies.

Something in me wants to hop in a plane to California and get him myself but I trust him. He would never betray my trust. I mean he promise to always love me and only me. He didn't give me a reason to not trust him. Even before during our college days when woman tendency is to throw their body at him, he always made sure to let them know I was his future wife. And he always let me know that no other girl could get him hard the way I can. It just doesn't work that way. That is how our relationship works and will continue to work. Besides my parents forbid me to fly to other state because of my condition. At least here they monitor me if I have an episode. Thankfully I had none and hopefully I will continue to have none. But just the thought of her, Angelina with my husband is driving me insane. If she does anything to him I will this time make sure she ends up with nothing including daddy's company. Again those name and faces are bringing up bad thoughts. But Rafael's wife I made sure that I will be the only woman in his life. No one can take that away from me.

Besides being married to him, made me the happiest woman on earth and I'd like to think I made him the happiest.

Since last night I have been calling him however seeing he just shut me off of skype and to no avail it went straight to voice mail. He texted me though saying he is quite busy at the moment and will call me back later. His message sounded cold and distant. It sounded like he was speaking to just another person rather than his wife. No smiley face, no heart not even sweet endearing names.

"Pick up the phone." The phone began ringing. Yes I was calling him. I just needed to hear his voice. Get him to tell me I love you for the night. Get him to put my worries at ease.

"Honey?" Finally he picked up.

"Baby, hi." He panted.

It seems every time I call him, he is always out of breath. "Why are you always out of breath every time I call?"

He paused before answering, "I'm sorry baby I was..."

"Masturbating." I mentally roll my eyes.

"Umm...."

"Are you in need of sex that you have to masturbate. Do you want me to fly down there so..."

"What no!" He screamed.

"No?"

"I mean it just be a waste of time because these investors are taking up too much of my time."

"Don't stop." A voice in the background hushly spoke followed by a muffled sound.

"Who was that?" Clearly that was a woman's voice. Was he cheating on me? I refuse to believe it.

"I'm watching television?"

"Porn?" I asked concerned towards my husband who now watches porn. Maybe he watches porn all the time and I just didn't notice.

"You know it because...."

"Rafael, do you have to watch porn all the time. I know I said I'd watch it with you but can't you wait till you get home." I was getting annoyed at him, at me, at everything all because he was miles away. I wanted him home now.

"I'm sorry baby, argh..but I just miss you that's why." His voice held a bit of pain in them.

"I miss you too. I feel like this trip is taking a toll on us, our marriage. When you come back lets see that doctor so we can start our own family."

"Sure."

"Are you even listening to me?"

"What, yes I am of course I am?"

"Then tell me you love me."

Silence was all I heard. And light noises but it was hard to make it out. "Rafael!" I yelled.

"What!" He panted.

"Can you stop what you are doing for a moment and listen to me?"

"I'm sorry Lisa but I have to go."

"If you hang up now we are over."

Silence again until he finally speaks up, "What baby you can't mean that, I love you." He blurts.

Finally do I have to threaten him to leave just to get him to say I love you. "Well lately you don't call me and you hung up on me and now you are not paying any attention to me." I sulked like a child.

"I'm sorry Lisa, I'm very sorry." Why does it sound like his sorry is for something else. "I will make it up to you when I return. And I...Fuck!" He whispers the last word but I had heard it, and that sound almost sounds like he climax after a good sex in the bedroom with me.

"Are you cheating on me Rafael?" I just had to ask because I'd rather him tell him he has another woman rather than sneak around my back.

"How could you think that?" He heaved trying to catch his breath. "I made a promise and when I come back I intend to not break that promise to you." Why does his words have double meaning in it and why does his promise feel so empty right now.

"All right. I love you honey and good night."

"Good night love." Just like that he hung up. Not even a kiss at the end. I hope whatever he is doing will not diminishes his love for me because I love him. I truly do and I would do anything to keep him. Call me obsess but I don't ever want to lose him.