Masquerade Ball

Rafael

"Oh my god, I can't believe that went better than expected." Angelina shook in her chair from excitement.

The conference is now over and we have to get ready for the Gala that is being held tonight. Unfortunately, this business trip is far from other. Our partners from Japan were staying here for two months and Angelina and I had to show them a good time.

"You were great in the board room." I complimented.

"Oh before I forget here is your mask." Holding out a black mask I took it just staring at it.

"Where is yours? I'd like to see it before we go?"

"That is a surprise?"

"Okay so should I come by your room and pick you up?" I thought since Lisa isn't here I would just take Angelina instead.

"No that's fine. I have something to do anyway but I will meet you there."

Bidding her good bye for now I made my way towards my room where I had skyped Lisa.

"Finally I have been waiting for your call." She answered. Her eyes boring into mine.

"I miss you." I spoke truthfully.

Chuckling, "So how did it go?"

"It went extremely well. If it weren't for Angelina then we wouldn't have gotten them to deal with us."

"Angelina?" She frowned.

"Why what is the matter baby?"

"I know you love me and that will never change is just that you praised Angelina too much. I can't help but feel uneasy."

"Awe is my baby jealous? Don't worry I have only eyes for you." If only she knew how much I think of her.

It was nearing the time to get ready, "Are you going to the ball now?"

"Yes baby."

"Okay take plenty pictures and have fun. I love you."

"I love you too."

Hanging up on her I had taken a bath putting on my suit then my mask. "God I feel ridiculous wearing this thing." I glanced at myself at the mirror.

As I was about to leave my phone rang, "Domingo." I answered without looking at my caller ID.

"Rafael..." the voice panicked.

"Angelina, what's wrong?"

"Um...I just found out."

"Found out what?"

"That our investors are heading home tomorrow after the gala." What! I thought they were going to stay here for two months. I guess this is a plus for me. Now I can just go home to my wife and cut this business trip short.

"I guess that's not so bad. At least we got the deal right besides that means I get to go home sooner. I have to tell Lisa."

"What now? That can wait besides we will be late for the ball."

"Okay I'll tell her tomorrow."

"Great, I'll see you later don't forget the mask."

"How could I not. I'm wearing it right now and I feel silly." I commented.

"None sense I'm sure you will look handsome as always. Lisa is a lucky woman to have you for a husband."

"I'm the lucky one." I laughed.

Hanging up, I walked down to the ball room. The gala was being held in the same hotel I stayed at and let me tell you everyone was dress exquisitely beautiful and with a masks of their own. And if you don't have one, they had provided you with a simple one. Lucky for me, mine was different than anyone else. I must say Angelina has gotten good tastes.

Greeting a few people I looked for Angelina. I didn't know what she was wearing or what type of mask she had on but it was hard to tell from one woman to another.

"Care for a drink?" I turned to the waitress who was also wearing a mask as she handed me a drink. Taking it, a drank it greedily.

This mask was making my face itchy. Attempting to remove it I heard a very sexy voice, "Don't take it off." The woman purred gaining my attention. "We have to keep it on for the main event."

Leaving my mask where it is, "Do I know you?"

She smiled, her red ruby lips bringing up a tooth grin, and sporting a red sexy dress that extenuate her curves. Her hair in waves wearing a red and black feather mask. She was in deed the defined as a goddess that is if I was single. But I'm not, so I'll keep my eyes on her face refusing to look down. However her face was hidden by a gorgeous looking mask.

"Unfortunately, no."

"I'm Rafael Domingo." I introduced myself holding up my hand, "And you are?"

"Someone way out of your league." She giggled.

Was this woman thinking I was flirting with her? "I'm sorry you must be mistaken I'm married." I held up my hand showing my wedding ring.

"I see." I watch her sway her hips in an attempt to get a drink. "Do you want one?"

"As you can see I already have a drink?"

"But it's empty. Wait right here?"

Watching her leave I continued to look around for Angelina. And when I didn't find her, I decided to text her. 'Where are you?'

'Around. Where are you?' She texted back.

'By the bar. What are you wearing so I know who you are?' Of course it was hard to tell whose who.

She didn't text back and soon that woman from earlier came back with a drink for her and a drink for me.

Taking it she held it up, "Cheers."

Clinking my glass against hers, I drank it all in one go. "Now do I get a name or should I just call you the woman in red." All of a sudden my vision became hazy and blurred.

"Are you okay?" The woman asked.

"I don't know. This is only my second drink, I can't be drunk already."

"Here let me help you sit down." Putting my arm around her she help me sit down. Amazing I still manage to sit down because I feel sick and I want nothing more just to lie in bed. "You don't look too good. Should I call for someone to come get you." She kneeled before me.

"Lisa." I called. Since when did she get here? "What are you doing here?"

"I'm not Lisa." The woman again giggled.

"Oh you're not? I'm sorry, I think...I just..." My words were slurring.

"Let me get you help." Standing up to her feet I grab her wrists.

"I just need to get some fresh air." Now on my two feet I wobbled and swayed.

"How are you supposed to walk out of here if you can't even stand." Grabbing my arm she help me walk on. I don't know what happened or how I manage to get out the doors but I found myself in a car and it was like my feet was automatically moving.

"Don't worry I'll take care of you." The woman smiled before the whole world went black before me.