Business Trip

Rafael

"So Rafael should I buy the plane tickets."  It's been a couple months and I had signed the paper that Angelina gave out and now we are both partners.  I think this is one of the best decision ever made.

And with the help of her we are able to expand our business.  I must say she works wonders in the board room, though she seemed a bit shy and timid but when push comes to shove she can be fierce just to get what she wants.  And I admire her for that.

Unfortunately Lisa wasn't happy.  She wouldn't tell me her reason but for this past months she has been feeling a bit insecure.  I kept on reassuring her that I love her always and nothing and no one will get in the way of that.

"Of course how long will this be again?"  

"Two months."  Angelina replied.

Two months!  Two fucking months away from Lisa! I don't know how I could do it.

"Don't worry about Lisa.  She supports you and she would understand."  Angelina patted my shoulder.  If only that were true.  

It's been weeks and I have gotten to know more about Angelina.  She is not only pretty to the eyes but intelligent as well.  And she has a heart of gold.  She even help me settle things with Lisa when we had that one argument.

So far Lisa and I wanted a baby but with her unable to conceived it had put a strained on our marriage.  Angelina though gave us the best possible doctor to look into and after this two month long business trip, Lisa and I will see what we can do to start a family of our own.

"Don't forget to bring a suit for the gala and to think it is a masquerade ball."  She gleamed.

"I don't think I have a mask."

"Don't worry about that, I'll provide one for you just dress in your best suit."  She had fixed my crooked tie.  Lately she has been friendly with me which I didn't mind.  Maybe I should but she didn't give any hint that she had a thing for me.  She was cordial to a fault.

In fact she had spoken about most of her child hood and I must say she has done a lot in her time.  At first I didn't believe her but when I did some research I was surprise what I found.  Not only is she kind to others but she donates thousand to the children hospital as well as orphanage.  Sometimes she is too good to be true.  And honestly if we had hang out on different circumstances I'm sure I would have fallen for her.  I can't think like that though.  I have Lisa whom I love dearly.  

"Did you not want to invite Lisa?"  As much as I want to, Lisa always hated going to such events. She was always simple which I liked very much.  But going to such events always made her feel self conscience and inferior like she wasn't good enough.  I kept reminding her she is everything, well everything to me.

"Lisa hates those, what about you anyone special to bring?"

"I wish."  My eyes gawked at her.

"You don't have a boyfriend or anything?"

"Lucky for me, no."  She fluttered her eyes.

"You are twenty three years old, don't girls your age want someone?"  I thought that's all girls want is to feel special by someone.  I was married straight after college.  Course it wasn't in my plan.  When I had met Lisa I never thought twice of her.  She however kept on pursing me and when I gave her that chance who knew she was just as sweet on the inside and out.  "Don't tell me your gay, not that there is nothing wrong but..."

"Rafael I am not gay.  I'm just not interested in anybody."  She turned her eyes away from me.

"I see you have someone in mind?"

"Maybe I do or maybe I don't."  She giggled which I found very cute. 

Having a long day at work, I couldn't wait to get home.  The only problem now is telling Lisa about my two month business trip.  

Finally arriving home I called for Lisa who was in the kitchen, the table set for dinner.

"Honey, you're home.  How was work?"  She asked.

"Work is fine as always."

"Great come sit down.  I cook your favorite."

"Yum this looks good but you know what is better?"

"What?"

"You for dessert."  She blushed.

"Maybe after."  Light conversation was held between the two of us.  No secrets were kept.  From the start of our marriage we made it a point to tell each other everything and anything no matter how ridiculous it sounds or how bad it is.

"So I have to go to this business trip."

"Oh." Lisa frowned, "How long will you be gone?"

"Two months."

"Two months."  She paused, "Is she going?"

"Is who going?"

"Angie, that's who."  She scoffed.

"I thought you had no problem with her?"

"I, I don't but what if something happens and..."

"Babe, nothing is going to happen."

Finally agreeing, "Fine.  Work is work as long as you call me every day and skype."  I don't know why she has a problem with her?  

"Lisa, why don't you like Angie."  I questioned.  "We promised each other not to keep secrets remember."

She looked away from me before answering, "She's just a pretty woman and I..."

"Baby no one and I mean no one will ever come between us."  Seeming to be satisfied with my reply I asked,  "There is this gala if you want to join me."  

"You know I hate those things, just have fun okay but not too much fun."

"Of course baby."

The week has gone by fast and Lisa had already packed my bags.  "I'll miss you baby."

"I'll miss you more honey."  I gave a longing kiss on her lips.  That should last me two months right.  I mean last night we had spent hours around the house naked and me having her for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  I'm surprise she still manage to get up in the morning and walk.

"HNL Flight to California is now boarding..." I heard the intercom speak as I made my way towards the gate.  Good thing I had first class.  I know what you're thinking, for a rich business man like myself why not a private plane.  I think that is just a waste of money.  A regular plane is just as good besides I like the feeling of being surrounded.  It makes it less lonely.

"Phew traffic was bad."  Angelina tucked her carry on in the over head storage as she sat next to me.  "I am so excited."

"Who knew you would be this excited to attend a conference."

"Not that silly.  The ball.  I love fancy balls.  It gives me an excuse to wear fancy dress."  I chuckled.  "No seriously.  What's the point in buying those fancy dresses if you have no where to wear them."

"My wife Lisa usually wears them at dinners."  I retorted.

"I bet.  Maybe I should wear them at dinners but sadly it would just be a party of one."  Angelina joke.

Once the plane was in the air, I already miss Lisa.  Taking out my cell I stared at our picture.  Going on business trips was always such a drag for me.

"We are only gone for a couple hours and you already staring at her picture."  She nudge my side.

"Once you experience love you would understand this feeling of not wanting to be apart even for a split second."

"Well I guess I will never know."  Leaning her chair back, "Wake me until we get there."

Slowly I watch her silently sleep.  At last peace and quiet.  For someone so small sure can talk a lot.

Putting my cell phone away, I too had closed my eyes only to dream about going back home to Lisa.