Chapter Three

"Welcome back miss." The head butler of Maiko's household greeted her. She had finally arrived home from the Host Club and, according to the clock that was hung above the entrance way, it was roughly six in the afternoon.

Maiko shot the butler a smile, "Hello," she greeted in return "is my tutor in the study?" she asked. Her butler nodded his head before bowing politely and walking away towards the kitchen, more than likely to see how dinner is coming along. Maiko sighed and began her walk across the mansion to the study, opening the door to see the tutor her father hired waiting for her.

"Ah, Miss Nakamura I was wondering where you were." Her tutor said, standing up to greet her.

Maiko smiled sheepishly in response, "Ah I'm sorry. My friend Hana took me to a club she participates in at school." She responded easily, leaving the details of said club purposely out.

Her tutor brightened, "A club? Well, those would look amazing on future college applications, should that be the path you choose to go down. Plus, they create amazing opportunities to create friendships with other future heirs of companies."

"Oh, well I'm not really in the club persay..." Maiko trailed off, bringing a hand up to rub at the back of her head. "But while we are on this topic, I'm afraid that your services will no longer be necessary. I made a suggestion to one of the club members and I am to help him stay ahead of his studying, due to that I won't need the extra studying time that you so graciously help me with." Maiko then bowed, "Thank you for all of your help and services."

Her tutor smiled fondly at her, "I hope that you continue to do well, please allow me to gather my things and leave." Maiko nodded her head and turned, leaving the study to take the flight of stairs leading up to her bedroom. Once she entered her bedroom she sighed loudly, laying on her bed.

"Can't wait until father is informed about my decision." She said aloud, speaking to the complete nothingness in her room.

Her room itself was much like herself, average. The walls were a light pastel pink, her favorite color, and the flooring was a plush white carpet, kept pristine by the help within the mansion. Even though her house had a study within it, Maiko still kept a light sky blue desk within her room pushed against the wall opposite to her bed. Next to her desk she had a simple white dresser, and on top of the dresser was her television. There wasn't much else in terms of decoration, the few paintings hung on the wall where all from her mother's doing, and she only kept a small corkboard of pictures of herself and her friends.

    She rolled over onto her side and fumbled around inside her school bag until she pulled out her phone. Already she had multiple messages from Hana, already complaining about the fact that now instead of getting to gock at cute boys, she now had to study.

'Study with a cute boy and your best friend.' Maiko texted back, rolling her eyes in fondness at her best friends antics. Surprisingly, Maiko and Hana hadn't been friends for as long as some would think. With how attached they were to each other, it was easy to believe that the two girls were actually childhood friends, when in reality they had only met in their last year of middle school.

    Hana of course stood out amongst their peers. She was taller and drop dead gorgeous, even amongst the times of puberty. The boys were attracted to her, and the girls were jealous of her. But then Maiko came along and offered Hana a hand, a chance at friendship and away from the loneliness of idolization and ever since then the two girls have always been with each other.

    Then of course Tamaki Souh transferred from France into Ouran, and then he started the Host Club with the help of Kyouya. 'I still need to see who the other two host's are.' Maiko thought to herself, remembering that she had now met five out of the seven members. She knew that the last two were both third years, but since she hasn't ever needed to go to that wing of the school, it wasn't like she could just stumble across them.

    Maiko shut her eyes, breathing slowly out of her nose when her phone began to vibrate in quick succession and the chimes of her ringtone began to go off. Furrowing her eyebrows she picked up her phone and opened it. "Hello?" She said, only to instantly get bombarded with Hana's excitement.

"You'll never believe what just got announced on the Host Club website!" Hana practically screamed, her voice sounding extra pitchy due to the tinniness of the phone speaker. Maiko stood up, double checking that he had pressed speaker while walking over to her closet to find some more comfortable clothes to wear other than her school uniform.

"I didn't even realize the Host Club had a website." Maiko replied, grabbing a plain white cotton t-shirt and then walking over to her dresser.

Hana let out a sigh of frustration, "You really need to pay more attention to the world around you! All the school clubs have a website." She stated, "Anyways," she continued on, "the Host Club just announced that they're doing a ball! It's been so long since I've been to a dance that wasn't hosted by some stuffy old person that my parents were trying to please. I'm so excited!" Hana then let out another loud squeal. 

Maiko finally found the specific shorts she was looking for, a light blue and began to change out of her uniform and into the comfortable clothes. "Oh really? What are you going to wear, or are you going to get something custom made now?" Maiko asked.

"Duh, custom made! I really want at least one of the hosts to fall in love with me!" Hana swooned.

"Wait you don't care which one?" Maiko asked, plopping back down onto her bed and picking her phone up, taking Hana off of speaker and putting it against her ear. "Isn't that kind of shallow, only liking them for their looks."

"Well obviously I have a preference," Hana stated, "but I'm just going to let the whole scene play out. Whoever falls for me, falls for me and I'm honestly a little bit in love with all of them."

Maiko simply smiled at her friend, "Any of them would be a fool not to fall for you, you're basically a total package. You got the brains and beauty."

Hana giggled, "Shut up! It's just a simple fantasy anyways, not like I'm expecting anything to happen. Also, don't forget that you have to start coming to the Host Club every day now! I'm sure that Tamaki and Kyouya will officially announce the ball tomorrow during the club."

"Ugh don't remind me." Maiko groaned. "I conned myself into having to go to the Host Club on the regular, but Haruhi seems like a genuinely nice guy who just wants to focus on his education. I'm not really sure why he joined the club, but it's our duty to be good senpai's."

"Spoken like a true class president."Hana shot back.

"I'm not class president and you know that!" Maiko huffed, crossing her arms even though Hana couldn't exactly see her.

"You easily could have been if you would have actually ran! You have the grades Miss number two in the class." Hana teased.

"Yeah well, Ootori-san isn't easy to beat." Maiko said.

Hana sighed into the phone, "Why are you always so formal, just call Kyouya and Tamaki, Kyouya and Tamaki. Get rid of this Ootori-san and Souh-san nonsense."

"It's rude!" Maiko argued, laying against her pillows and looking up at her ceiling.

"Yeah yeah whatever." Hana laughed. Maiko went to open her mouth to respond when a knock sounded at her door. It opened a second later to reveal one of the maids.

"Miss Nakamura it's time for dinner." She informed her. Maiko nodded her head and shot her a warm smile.

"Hana I got to go, it's time for me to go eat. I'll see you tomorrow and maybe we can talk to Haruhi about the ball. Okay?"

"Fine go abandon me to fill your selfish desires." Hana said

"I shall and nothing in this world can stop me!" Maiko laughed, taking the phone away from her ear and flipping it shut. She then stood up and began to walk down the stairs to her dining room.

She couldn't exactly place it, but it felt like something in her life felt different. She shrugged the feeling away and continued on.