Ocean Eyes

--- Sensitivity Warning---

Klaus and I had been in his room for almost an hour. I sat on his floor, cross-legged, rummaging through his old photo albums and magazines. Klaus was laying on his bed, shirtless, knitting. Or at least trying to knit, but failing miserably. Suddenly, I heard footsteps approach the door. I looked up as Five knocked on the door and entered.

"Hey. Get up. We're going." He instructed. Klaus and I shared a confused look.

"Where?" I asked him.

"To save the world." He replied dismissively.

"Oh, is that all. Great." Klaus sighed sarcastically as he got up and threw on a shirt, helping me up in the process. I watched as Five paced the room.

"So, Pogo said Dad killed himself to get us all back together, right?" Five recollected.

"Yeah, so?" I asked skeptically.

"So, it got me thinking." Five explained. "I had to jump to the future to figure out when it happened, but Dad, he can't time travel. So, how'd the crazy bastard actually know to kill himself a week before the end of the world?"

"Well, you know . . ." Klaus began to joke.

"Don't answer that," I said sternly. "That was purely a rhetorical question." Klaus sighed with a nod.

"Truth is, our whole lives, he's been telling us we'd save the world from an impending apocalypse." Five concluded.

"Shit, I always thought he just said that to scare us into doing the dishes," I replied, causing Klaus to chuckle.

"Me too." Five commented surprised. "But what if the old man really knew it was going to happen?"

"Yeah, but knew how?" Klaus asked, throwing on his army vest.

"No idea." Five sighed honestly. "But the fact remains, his fakakta plan worked. We all came home. We're here, we might as well save the world."

"Oh yeah? What, like, the three of us?" Klaus asked, gesturing at us with a chuckle.

"Not ideally with you, but gotta work with what I've got." Five muttered. I glared at him.

"Be nice, Five. We're here to help. Don't be an asshole." I reprimanded. Five sucked in a breath. As we left the room, Diego bolted up the hallway.

"Diego!" I yelled in shock.

"Onyx?" He said back, in utter disbelief.

"Where have you been?" Five questioned at the same time.

"Jail," Diego replied out of breath as he threw off his coat and wrapped me in a hug. I held him tightly, the scent of his cologne filling my nostrils once again. He kissed my forehead as he pulled away and looked around. "Why aren't you with Allison?"

"I stayed with Five. I sent Lucifer with her." I replied.

"Shit," Diego muttered as he ran into his room and grabbed his knives. "Where's Luther?" He called, struggling to put on his torso knife belt. I helped him quickly.

"Haven't seen him since breakfast." Five replied.

"Yeah. Two days until the world ends, he picks a great time to drop off the grid." Klaus added. Diego sighed and turned to me.

"Allison is in danger. Even if she's with your buddy." Diego replied, still catching his breath. All of us exchanged a glance.

"We need to find Luther," I concluded. With that, we all nodded and ran for the door.