TWELVE

TWELVE [Blade "Zero" Kiren]

Entering my P.E. class, I slouched against the wall.

"You're late," my teacher snapped.

I shrugged. "I turned up."

"That's not enough Mr. Kiren."

"Give it up will you. I'm not wearing that," I said the last gesturing the other guys who were wearing the school colours of disgusting green shirts and ugly black shorts. Okay, I wasn't into fashion, nor was I a girl, but there was no chance in hell that I was going to put those clothes on. Especially since I didn't have my own and would have to wear the extras that hundreds of others had worn over the years.

"Stop being so stubborn," he growled, seeming to have enough.

I raised a brow at him. "Stubborn? I told you at the start of the year that I would do whatever if I could wear my own. But you said no."

He threw his hands up in the air. "Fine! Wear what you want, but that means no more missed lessons."

I shrugged. "No purposefully missed lessons and we have a deal."

He clenched his jaw as though trying to hold back words that he knew would piss me off or could get him sacked. "Deal."

I smirked at him before moving away for Ryan who was in the courts that I'd won a game in a few days ago. He raised a brow at me as I approached before turning back to throwing the ball into the hoop before fetching it and doing it again.

"What's up with you?" I asked as Ryan came back to where he was shooting from.

He didn't reply, instead, he nearly sent the ball through a nearby window.

"Quit being a girl, what's wrong?"

"Whose being the girl here? You're the one wanting to talk."

I slammed my jaw shut before I could say anything. "Why you so pissed?"

"I told you to leave her alone."

Seriously? "This is about Madisyn?"

"You're just going to get her hurt."

I glared at him. "I wouldn't hurt her."

That made him pause. "You wouldn't hurt her? Since when do you care whether it's male or female?"

"I don't."

"But you do with her?"

I shifted, admittedly uncomfortable with the look Ryan was giving me. "What?" I snapped.

Ryan shook his head. "You have you're pick of girls. Hell, I think you did most of them last term. Go use one of them. Leave her alone."

"Give me a reason."

"Really, Blade? Are you that thick?"

I raised a brow at that, close to making his face meet my fist, but I wanted to know why he wanted me to stay away from Madisyn. "Give me a reason."

He turned to face me then, as though he'd seen how far he was pushing it by my expression and wanted to be ready to defend himself if needed. "Whatever happens to her, and it will be soon after that display you gave them at tutor time, will be on you." Ryan paused. "You have a ton of girls wanting you, why her? The "Freak" of the school. Why not someone else?"

Because she... Why did I like her? All she'd done was draw a drawing that was absolutely amazing, nearly get molested in school, cut her hand, and talk to me. When I thought about it that way, it didn't make any damn sense.

"Why do you care so much about her?" I asked instead, pausing as it hit me. "You like her don't you?"

Ryan's face turned into a shocked hand-in-the-cookie-jar expression. But then anger came forward. "What the hell, Blade!"

"Makes sense, you keep trying to get me to back off."

"I–It's for her safety if you leave her alone."

"Uhuh. She likes guys by the way, she isn't a lesbian."

"What the fuck? When did you ask her that?"

I grimaced. "I was modelling."

Ryan's mouth dropped open in shock. "Modelling?"

I nodded. "I said I'd lend her my body, she asked me to model."

Ryan snorted before laughing so hard he had to clutch his stomach, doubling over.

I glared at him, but that only made him laugh harder. "Shut the fuck up Ryan. Go get changed, your coming with me."

Ryan stopped laughing as I said the last, giving me a weary look. "Where?"

"I told Madisyn I'd meet her at lunch," I grinned.

"Blade, seriously, she's going to get hurt if you keep going after her. Do you really think Lucy knocked Madisyn's table on accident? She knew there was a chance that she'd hurt Madisyn."

I rolled my eyes. "That's why you're coming with me. She needs someone to look after her, she's not strong enough to do it herself."

"What are you saying, Blade?"

Something I might hate you for. "You're going to take my place." Or myself.

Vote? Comment? Thank you!