Happy Ending

Did you guys seriously think I'd leave you in tears like that? No. Here is the happy ending in which part 30 didn't exist.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

"The test results show that all forms of cancer in George's body have simply disappeared. It's quite strange, but not impossible. It was the form of cancer that will go a certain way until it basically dies."

I looked at George with stars in my eyes.

"That's amazing," he gasped, "Ritchie! I won't have to say goodbye then. Oh my God! This feels amazing!" He was so happy. He began praying to his special lord . The doctor was confused.

"Usually they thank the Christian God, but I guess this one is just as valid," he walked out, "You guys can go whenever. If there are any questions, just visit Mary at the front desk."

"Yes, sir. Thank you so much," I got up and hugged the doctor.

"We didn't do anything...You guys decided for no treatments..." I let go.

"I know," I said before scurrying back over to George. The poor doctor must've been so confused.

"We should celebrate. Just me and you, Ritchie, we can have Paul and John over tommorrow," he was like a happy puppy.

"Of course! What do you want to do?"

"Let's have a romantic picnic down by that creek I took you to. In fact, let's do that every month!"

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

"Jesus, George, can you believe we've been doing this for almost fifty years," I sighed as I slowly sat down, finally grunting when my butt hit the old blanket we had always used for our moonlit picnic.

"I remembered the towels this time since you always forget," he sat down with more ease across from me.

"I'm just a forgetful guy. But, I did remember this," I held up the photograph from over fifty years ago.

"Oh my god," he snatched it out of my hand, "I was so handsome," he scoffed, "but you looked much better."

"No. Hands down, you were more attractive. Now, let's not argue about that."

I popped the cork of the wine off and poured it into both of our glasses. Sure, I was technically sober, but I always promised George a drink of wine with our picnic.

"This is how I've always wanted to live," he sighed.

"Me too."