29

The wind was soft, and the grass was wet against our bare feet.

"You sure you don't want me to go back to the car for pur shoes, Geo?"

"No! It's better this way. More fun!" He was like a free child, running about with no bed time.

He looked back at me and smiled. He then stopped and looked up.

"What? What is it?"

"Shh...I hear other people coming..." I looked back at me one more time and then took off. I followed in pursuit. He wasn't wrong. It looked like a party was coming. Damn people.

"George! Where are we going?!"

"You'll see!"

I watched his white tunic frolic in the breeze. He finally stopped. The birds welcomed us with a beautiful song.

"I used to hang out here all the time. Usually when Paul was too busy to hang out. Oh, by the way, him and John will be here in a couple of hours. I really just want to spend as much time as possible down here with you."

He grabbed my hand lightly and smiled. His teeth were slightly yellow, and his hair was cut very short. His eyes looked worn out as if he had seen the world for far too long.

He didn't deserve to be here. He deserved to be on his own little planet. A planet surrounded with flowers, and lovely music.

We sat down near the water.

"I love you. I hope I was a good boyfriend."

"You were. I didn't deserve you," I replied.

"Yes you did. I don't think I deserved you. But, let's not get into that. Listen to this beautiful song. I wish I could create it."

"Mmm. It's as beautiful as you," I watched him wiggle his toes in the wet grass.

He stood up abruptly and took off his shirt and pants, leaving only his boxer-briefs on. He dove into the water.

I wanted to ask if it was safe, but I don't really think that mattered anymore.

I stood up and stretched, copying the same actions he did and kept close to this sort of cement lining I could hold onto.

"Come on. It'll be alright," he stated like a mother.

"I looked down at the water and muttered, "I can't swim."

Only silence followed until I heard something moving in the water behind me.

"Here," he grabbed my hands and I panicked a bit, "just relax your legs and paddle them a bit." I did as he said and held on tightly to his hands.

He dragged me out further and further till we were in the middle of the body of water.

"Fun isn't it?" He laughed.

"Don't let go," I stared down at the water.

"I'll never let go."

We stayed out there for a while. I can't give you the exact amount of time. We were just having so much fun. Not the type where you splash eachother, but the type where you enjoy the company.

"Let's go back," he smiled at me and guided me back to my comfort area where I once held tightly to a band of cement.

"I forgot towels," I laughed, "looks like we'll just have to drop dry."

I pushed myself back up to the surface with ease and helped Geo back up.

"Kinda cold," his teeth chattered.

"Shit. You can't be getting a cold like this..."

"I'll be fine. Really." He gave me a reassuring smile.

We cuddled up as we both dried up. He leaned into my ear as if to say something.

"Love me tender, love me sweet," he was singing my favorite Elvis song- Love Me Tender.

I joined in on the next line, "Never let me go."

The next lines we sang together, "You have made my life complete
And I love you so..."

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

We sang the whole song and ended it with a snog session.

"I love you, Richard."

"I love you too, George," I pulled out my vintage instant film camera and snapped a picture of him. The film snuck out of the camera and I carefully grabbed it, holding it up to the sun as I waited for it to develop.

"That's gonna be a nice one," he snickered.

"My favorite photograph," I kissed his cheek.