18

Hare Krishna
Hare Krishna
Krishna Krishna
Hare Hare
Hare Rama
Hare Rama
Rama Rama
Hare Hare...

We finished our meditation. I lifted my eyes slowly to see George doing the same.

"Woah," he leaned back, brushing his hair back with his hand, "that was... incredible," we both only spoke quietly. With the kind of mindset the meditation put us in, it felt impossible to talk loudly.

"Yeah. It took a while, but it was worth it," I leaned back on my arms only to lay down on on my back, "doesn't everything feel... different?"

"Yeah. I feel like I'm much more than fluids and guts being held by stretchy skin. I like all this. The idea of reincarnation and a higher level of consciousness. And now I'm not what I described earlier. I'm a soul- a mind- in a vessel, patiently waiting and being tested for whether I will move on or be re-assessed." I nodded and a 'mmm' sound.

George definetly sounded more into it than I was. I was into it, but I didn't have the same outlook on life as George. Then again, not too long ago he told me how he had always been looking for some God figure. I was never like that. I just went about life, stumbling here and there. I wonder how it felt to be devoted to something so.

"Do you want to go get coffee?" George got up and took my hand, "I'll take that as a yes." We put on our light jackets and left without a trace, not waking John and Paul from their nap.

"They should get there own apartment," that's when an idea hit me.

"How about we swap. John and Paul could live at mine, and we could live here," I smiled lazily.

"Yeah. That sounds good. We'll have to bring it up later," Yeah.

George opened the door for me and we sauntered down the long and winding steps.

The trip to the café was easy. We sat down at a table to near the windows. I had my usual vanilla mocha. George had a chai tea. We sipped pleasantly till a familiar face arrived.

"Ugh," I snorted.

"What, babe?"

"That pervert doctor I told you about. Don't look, but he's here," I hid my face.

"Well, I'm going to confront him," George stood up. I tried to tell him to sit down, but it was no use.

"Hey, doc," George stated sternly. I walked up behind him, "Yeah, you. The pervert," everyone's glances faced us. "You know what you did to him," George held me protectively, "all I want you to say is sorry."

"Excuse me, but I'm not sure what you're talking about," lying jerk, "Can we continue this outside?"

"All I want is peace, but sure," everyone watched us walk outside.

The doctor stared me in my eyes, "hot twins like you should learn to shut your mouth."