Part 36

Nandani was still on his lap while manik was caressing her hairs softly. Their was unknown peace on their face. Manik's other hand was in the hand of nandani. She was doodling I love you on his palm making manik smile.

Na: manik let's go out 

Nandani said it suddenly, sitting up from manik's lap. Manik was shocked by her sudden wish. He looked at the clock, it was shocking 11:20. But then the excitement on her face made him helpless.

Ma: let's go.

Manik said standing up making nandani jump on him out of excitement. He chuckled and took the car keys. Before leaving the house, they checked on rishab and found him sleeping. Locking the main door, they move out. Manik opened the passenger seat for nandani to which she sat inside and he himself seated on the passenger seat.

Ma: kaha chale ( starting the car)

Na: beach ( excited )

Ma: as you wish madam.

Manik drove the car to the beach. Nandani was looking out, seeing the isolated road decorated with tress on the side. She slided the car window down, let the coor air come inside. It was a windy night.

Na: it seems it's gonna rain. ( looking out)

Ma: yeah, ( smiling at her but again looking back to road)

Na: manik stop ( shouting)

Manik became shocked abd stopped the car. Nandani immediately ran outside following a worried manik.

Ma: Kya hua nandu ( shocked and concern)

Na: manik see ( pointing at the road side, on the footpath)

Manik followed her finger and found a girl lying in the pool of blood.

Na: manik let's take her to the hospital

Ma: yeah.

Manik picked her up and carefully placed her on the back seat. Nandani sat with her on the back and manik drove to the hospital.

Reaching the hospital, they called the doctor who took the girl to emergency room. After few minutes, a ward boy came and give them the girl belonging and her phone which was in her pocket.

Nandani saw many miscall on her phone from the same number. Manik asked her to call on that number and inform about the girl. Nandani called and in first ring only the other person pick the call. It was voice of a man. She informed him about the girl and told him the name of the hospital and told him that they are waiting in front of the emergency room and the man hanged up the called telling that he is coming.

Ma: what did he say?

Na: he is coming.

Ma: ( nodding) let's sit here.

Nandani nodded and sat with manik. Her gaze was on the ER only and so was manik. When they heard some one screaming through the corridor. Turning his gaze they found a man running to him. That man came near to him and manik was surprised too see him.

Ma: harshad ( suprised )

Har: manik ( equally suprised) you called me..

Na: is it your phone number ( showing the girl phone)

Har: yeah it's mine. ND it's Suman's phone. Where is she!?

Ma: she is in the ER. Doctor are checking her.