"What should we do with it?" I asked, I leaned forward on the table.

"I have no idea" Margaret's eyebrows came together in thought again. She folded her arms and started to pace the floor. Her white sneakers dragged against the hard wood.

"Can't you destroy it or turn it like you did the dagger-" Margaret stopped pacing and sent John a hard look.

I raised my eyebrows, "you told him?"

"Yeah I-" she started but I didn't let her finish. It was my turn to speak and she was going to listen.

"So you told him, even though you didn't believe me?" I folded my arms then.

"I never said I didn't believe you, I was just confused and stuck Zoe. Relax, I had no idea what you were talking about"

I shook my head. The nerve of some people.
Mia cleared her throat and sent a nod my way. I waved my hand.

"What are you guys saying? What's with the secrets?" Ava spoke up. Everyone was staring from me to Margaret.

I looked at her too, before I reached behind me slowly and pulled the dagger from my pocket. I held it out for everyone to see. If she didn't believe me, maybe they would.

"Wait what did you do to it Zoe?" Madison used her powers and held it in the air like she did the first time I found the dagger.

"You guys can touch it, I'm sure. It won't do anything. I'm not even sure as to what I did but it's changed and now it has-" I stopped and looked up into her eyes.

"I just use it as a weapon" I finish. Telling them about the knife was enough, I shouldn't risk telling them just yet about the midnight blood. I had a feeling they would know soon enough. Just like Margaret would.

"Maybe you guys could do a spell on it or something" Emily said.

"No, I don't think that'll work. Maybe you guys should just hold it until further notice, that way no one can find it. Please, it will drive me nuts" Ava says.

"Alright, I'll hold it in my office. Only people to touch it are me and John" she told everyone.

"And Zoe" Mia and John said at the same time. I blushed a bit, my head dropped.

Beep! Beep!

Margaret grabbed the phone out of her pocket and read it before announcing, "okay, let's just chill out please. The foods on it's way and I need to make some calls"

She heads toward the door, "Marg I don't think we should do this yet. It's not a big deal"

I focus on their words and my hearing expands to their position. I should work on my jumps, speed, hearing and strengths on my own. It would really help.

"John, we have no idea what they are capable of. If this keeps happening, we will have no other choice but to leave" Margaret explains to him.

Leave? And go where? Maybe we could go to my dads, there should be enough space for us all. The house is huge and in the middle of nowhere. But he would probably be furious with me for bringing everyone. He already sent me here to stay safe and I can't just go back home. I just hope he's alright. I need to call him soon.

John went out to get our food and brung it into the cafeteria room. We all gathered and ate, I hardly ate anything. I was too busy worried about what would happen the next time those High Rollers tried something.

Mia and I talked and I watched her stuff pancakes down her throat two at a time. I laughed at her and she rolled her eyes, telling me how hungry she was since she started changing more often. I wonder what it would be like to be full werewolf or full vampire. How different life would be if I would've ended up being either or. Mom would be here and as my eyes scanned the table, I wouldn't have met any of these people.

"Hey Ava?" I called to her and she looked up at me.

"Does the sun bother you guys? Like at all?" I ask.

"Well no, it doesn't. I wear glasses sometimes because I like the dark, its better" she smirks and goes back to picking at her food. Madison  gets out of her seat and throws her trash away before grabbing the seat next to Ava again.

"James stop" My eyes land on Chelsea and she covers her mouth as if she didn't mean to say it aloud. She blushes and scoots away from him. That only makes him move closer.

I keep my eyes on them, "looks like you won" I lift my head toward them signaling for Mia to look.

"One for Mia, zero for Zoe" she holds up the numbers with her hands.

I chuckle, "Chames or Jelsea?"

"Eww Zoe!" She brushes her hands on her pants and scrunched up her nose. I laughed.

"So Zoe, why didn't that noise affect you?" I looked toward the other end of the table and it was the first time Dylan spoke directly to me. His voice made everyone else's head turn.

"Um I have no idea honestly, it was there but it wasn't strong. I could stand it" I try explaining.

"That's crazy" he says shaking his head.

"I know its just- I had no idea what was happening" I tell everyone. My head falls.

"And the two guys who you said brought the device, what happened to them?" Grace asks me.

I look around and John comes striding through the door with Margaret behind him. They are talking about something serious because I can see the crease on her forehead as she gets closer.

"What's going on?" She asks.

"They just wanted to know what happened to the two guys that brought the device" I say.

"My guess is they were Dhampyrs. They had skills but, they couldn't stop me" I finished.

"Like that other guy?" Mia said.

"Yeah" I told her, "they were strong and they could disappear and one of the had a knife. I fought them off but they kept coming back" I looked around.

"How did you know they were apart of those High Rollers?" John asked.

"Because one of them said something about my mom and who else would try to come here when there is so many of us to fight them? And they came with a weapon strong enough to wipe us all out" I told him.

"All except you" Xander spoke aloud.

"Um yeah, I fought them off. I killed the first one by severing his neck and the second with the dagger. I told you guys it no longer kills for the bad, it's for the good now. Its mine" I put my hand on it in my back pocket.

"You actually severed one of their necks? How the hell-"

"What about the other one?" Jake cuts into Xander's voice.

"I killed them with the dagger and they disintegrated into thin air" I explained. I wrapped my arms around my body, the thought causing a chill until Mia wraps an arm around my shoulders.

"Wow" that was Margaret, "that's something Zoe"

John's phone rings and he picks it up, "Hello?"

He looks at Margaret and nods, "yeah that's right"

"Okay, you guys have a free day. We will continue practice tomorrow" Marg tells us before she follows John out into the hall again.

I get up and Mia grabs my arm before I walk away, "where are you going?"

"To call my dad" I tell her. She nods and let's go of me.

"Nice job today, I wish I could've seen when you killed them though" she smiles.

I return her smile, "you will, trust me"

I head for the door in hopes that the important conversation John and Marg are having doesn't stop me from calling my dad.

A/N: hey! Just wanna say thank you for 600 reads! They mean alot to me. ILY guys :))

Please vote by clicking the star below》☆《