Ch. 18: The Package

9:55 a.m.

    Skye and Mon-El were at the DEO confiding in Winn, Brainy, J'ohn, and Alex about what Brainiac had told them on Earth-1. Alex stood up throwing her hands up in frustration.

"So, the guy that you went to stop on Earth-1 knew where Kara is and who had caused her to disappear in the first place?" she asked, shockingly.

"And this doppelgänger of mine was apparently from this Earth and not Earth-1?" Brainy added.

"Yeah. I know this is a lot to take in Aunt Alex, but we're hoping as Director of the DEO you won't lose it and you'll be able to have your mind clear when we work to find Mom." Skye proclaimed but slightly flinched back as afraid of her Aunt's outburst. Alex had her back facing the group and she slowly lowered her arms as she took a deep breath. Winn laughed out loud and said,

"Wow. Alex you- you seriously have learned to keep your temper in check. These past 16 years of being Director must've-"

"IF I GET MY HANDS ON WHOEVER HAS KARA, THEY ARE GOING TO WISH THEY WERE NEVER BORN!!' Alex screamed as she stormed right up to him. Skye got between her Aunt and Uncle as tears started to break from Alex's eyes. Skye quickly saw them and pulled her Aunt in a hug. Mon-El placed a comforting a hand on her back. Winn suddenly got an alarm and looked down at his phone.

"HOLY SPROCK!!" Winn screamed as he ran out. The group gave each other confused looks as they followed him.

"Uncle Winn, what is it?" Skye asked as they reached the control center.

"I set up all cameras throughout the city to look for those guys that kidnapped you, and after weeks..." Winn said, he slapped the desk in triumph, "We got a hit."

"What exactly is this hit Agent Schott?" J'ohn asked.

"It appears our friends are heading for the North Border of the city with a very big, not conspícuos, storage unit." Winn informed.

"It could be more Kryptonite." Skye guessed.

"We won't know unless we interrupt this transport." Brainy said.

"Then let's go." Mon-El stopped his daughter.

"No, J'ohn and I will go. Kryptonite won't hurt me and the lead cure is within me, so I'll be safe." Skye sighed, she knew her father was right.

"Okay. Just be careful." Skye told him. Mon-El nodded and hugged his daughter. He then looked to J'ohn and nodded. J'ohn transformed and they both flew out of the DEO. They made it above the truck and J'ohn stopped the three cars guarding the truck. Mon-El jumped on to the side of the storage unit and knocked out the driver. He then stopped the truck and got out.

"You alright?" J'ohn asked as they walked to the back of the unit.

"Yeah. Let's see what they were transporting." Mon-El said. He ripped the doors off and threw them aside. Mon-El and J'ohn stepped into the truck. Mon-El was scanning the walls as J'ohn kept moving towards the back. Mon-El noticed a green tint to the walls. Mon-El tapped into his comms. "Winn, can you hear me?"

"Yeah. Loud and clear, buddy." Winn said.

"The walls in the storage unit are lined with Kryptonite ." Mon-El informed him.

"What? Are you sure?"

"Yeah. Definitely." he confirmed.

"Why would they be transporting a containment truck with its walls only lined in Kryptonite and nothing else?" Winn asked.

"Because there is something in this truck." J'ohn spoke up. Mon-El turned around and he saw J'ohn staring at something. He walked up next to him and his heart nearly stopped. In the back of the truck were chains on the walls. Those chains were holding the one person Mon-El never thought he would see again. Someone whose golden hair shames the sun. Their eyes gazed right at him and gave his soul a light that he felt was a blessing?

"Mon-El?" they whispered.

"Kara."

———

    Mon-El and J'ohn flew in with Kara in between them. J'ohn transformed back to human as they landed. Alex immediately ran to her sister.

"Kara!" Alex said on tears as she grabbed her in a hug.

"Alex." Kara whispered as Mon-El and J'ohn let go of Kara. Mon-El walked over to Skye and hugged her. Skye could only look in bewilderment at her mother. She never thought she would see her again. Winn ran up to Kara and tackled her as Alex released. As Winn and Kara ceased their hug as Skye started walking up to her. Kara had started to cry as Skye was standing right in front of her. Kara cupped her daughter's face and Skye started to cry. Skye couldn't hold it in anymore, she just burst into crying.

"Mom." Skye dropped herself into her mom's arms and hugged her. Great Rao, she was hugging her mom again. "I missed you." Skye said through her tears.

"I missed you too Comet." Kara whispered into her ear, "I missed you everyday." They kept on hugging until Kara grunted from a pain in her side. Alex rushed to her side and placed Kara's arm around her shoulder.

"Okay, let's get you to the Med Bay." As they walked, Kara's head slugged and this made sure that Alex didn't see the cold, dark smile growing on her face.

———

Kara was asleep in the Med Bay and Mon-el and Skye were outside, watching her.

"I can't believe it." Skye said. Mon-El turned to her. Her eyes were sparkling comets as tears threatened to leave her eyes. Brainy and Winn came up next to them. "We were so lucky that we got that alert."

"I believe it to be more than luck." Brainy suggested. Mon-El gave him a perplexed look.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"We hadn't seen any signs of the people that kidnapped you for almost 2 months, and right after you learn something of her, we are suddenly alerted that cargo is being transported." Brainy answered.

"He has a point guys, I mean, remember Jeremiah?" Winn said.

"You maybe right, but for now, let's just appreciate that we have Kara back." Mon-El said. He wrapped his arm around Skye and pulled her close. They just watched Kara peacefully sleep, feeling grateful that she was finally home. However, unknown to them, Imra was watching everything and just waiting to strike at the perfect moment.

A/N: Hi Guys! I am SO SORRY for being on Hiatus! I couldn't get any updates in and I am so sorry. I am happy to be back and I can't wait to post more. Love you all!
#BigReturn
-@ShineBright03