Ch. 17: My Daughter

It's been 8 hours since Brainiac's attack and the heroes had made no progress in finding his base. Mon-El and Oliver had been keeping their distance in order to avoid another argument. Especially one with Mon-El breaking Oliver's bones. All the heroes were in the bridge waiting for Brainiac's next move. Matthew was still in the Med Bay right by Skye's side. Skye began to stir in her sleep and she slowly opened her eyes as Matthew got closer to her and grabbed her hand.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Matthew asked her.

"Hey." she greeted back, "I'm okay." Skye sat up in the chair and Matthew out his hand on the small of her back to steady her. "What happened?"

"Brainiac blasted you with so much energy that you ended up going into cardiac arrest." Matthew informed her as he gripped her hand tighter, "I thought we lost you." Skye sat up straighter and placed her hand on Matthew's cheek. She stroked it with her thumb.

"You can't get rid of me that easily." Skye said. Matthew chuckled as he held his hand at the back of her neck.

"I love you Skye Danvers."

"I love you too Matthew Queen." The two leaned in and their lips met. Not only in eagerness, but in love. They were going to let anything stand in their way of being together. They slowly broke part for air as they kept their foreheads together.

———

    Matthew had one of his arms wrapped around Skye's waist while the other held on to her arm that was draped around his shoulders.

"Well, she refused to stay in bed." Matthew said, catching the attention of all the heroes on the bridge.

"You're supposed to be resting." Mon-El complained as he rushed to her side.

"Dad, I'm fine. You can thank yellow sun lamps for that. Thank you Gideon." Skye said.

"My pleasure Ms. Danvers." Gideon answered.

"So where are we at with tracking Brainiac?"

"So far, he hasn't made a move but we have the Star Labs Satellite scanning all over the city. If he shows his face, we'll know." Cisco answered, "My boys, Winn and Harry, along with Felicity are trying to figure out what we can do about his virus before he releases it."

"Good." Suddenly, an alarm went off throughout the Waverider.

"We got a hit." William said as he marched over to the console, "Brainiac is at the Central City International Accords Center."

"Why would he go there?" Martina asked.

"We think we know." Felicity announced as she and Winn marched into the bridge.

"Brainiac needs a specific sample of DNA to target one person with a virus. So, he's going to the place where he can find DNA on anyone he wants." Winn informed them.

"How long until he succeeds?" Barry asked.

"With his technology, we got 30 minutes. Tops." Felicity said, "But we think we found a way to stop him." she added as Harry held up a vial with a blue liquid in it.

"Mr. Schott here has developed a clever way to jam Brainiac's thoughts similar with jamming a signal." Harry said, "If we inject him with this-"

"Brainiac crashes." Zari finished. Winn snapped and pointed to Zari indicating she was correct.

"Then let's use it before he succeeds." Skye proclaimed as she headed to get her suit.

"Woah, hold up." Mon-El stopped her, "You are not going anywhere."