Chapter 11: Recovery

Everyone in the DEO vans filed out and Mon-El was immediately wheeled to the Med Bay. Skye, Matthew, Alex, J'ohn, and Winn watched as the doctors wheeled him in as he lay unconscious. Skye and Matthew stayed outside of the Med Bay while the rest of the group headed to the control room of the DEO. Skye was staring at her father as he laid down in recovery and Matthew walked up next to her and placed his hand on her shoulder.

"Are you okay?" Matthew asked. Skye snapped back to reality as she looked at her boyfriend.

"I'm not entirely sure." she said, "Thanks for showing up." Skye hugged him and buried her face in his shoulder.

"Of course." Matthew and her hugged for what seemed like forever. He pulled away and looked into her eyes and could see her confusion. "What's on your mind?" Skye sighed and looked at her father asleep in the Med Bay and then she looked back at Matthew.

"I thought I knew what I felt towards him. He is half of me but... he said he would come back and he never did. And then today... he tried so hard to be my dad and... I don't know if I want him to be or not." Skye said. Matthew could see her unshed tears and he held her close.

"It's okay. Your allowed to feel that way." he said. Skye buried her face in the crook of his neck and wept. Less than 16 hours ago, she knew how her father made her felt. Now she didn't know what to think. She pulled away from him just enough to be a few inches away from his face. She put her hands on either side of his face. "Thank you for always being here for me." she whispered as their foreheads touched.

"Always." They leaned in and soon enough their lips touched. Their kiss was soft and sweet, like most were, and it felt like eternity. As they pulled away, Skye just held onto Matthew and never wanted to let go. She was so grateful to have him by her side. Through every crazy moment of her messed up life.

———
Black. That was all Mon-El could see. Miles and miles of darkness surrounded him. He couldn't see where he was or what was going on. Then, a light formed. A slow, beautiful light pierced his eyes and he opened them. Mon-El didn't know where he was. He was standing on a path in a beautiful field. It was peaceful and serene... Mon-El remembered. He recalled Kara telling him about a dream she had after he left the first time. He thought he must be dreaming of that field, but he couldn't be sure that this was the same one. As he looked around, he saw a planet out in the distance. It looked like Saturn. He looked down and he noticed he was in the outfit that he was wearing before he left Argo City. Mon-El began walking down the path, he didn't know why but he felt everything was alright and that he didn't need to worry about a thing. As he walked, he stared at the beauty of his surroundings, but the true beauty he was searching for was right in front of him. Mon-El saw a figure ahead of him on the path. It was a woman with blond hair that shined like sun. Nothing seemed brighter. She wore a white dress, reaching her ankles that made her look angelic. She was graceful with every step she took, like a swan. She reached her hand out to stroke the plants in the field next to her. Mon-El knew immediately who she was. He sped up his pace and slowed down until he was right behind her. He traced his hand down her arm slowly, to reach her hand. The woman stopped and so did he. She turned around to face him and Mon-El saw the face of the love of his life: Kara Zor-El. Kara looked up at him. Her face told him that she wasn't expecting to see him. He was as well but, he didn't want to waste this moment, even if it was a dream. A light wind blew and pushed out Kara's gorgeous waves. A strand of her hair fell in front of her face and Mon-El brought his hand up to her face and tucked it behind her ear. Then, Mon-El couldn't resist it. He leaned in and kissed her. The woman he missed for over 7 years. The woman he yearned to hold in his arms. To kiss her lips and feel her soft, warm touch. To hear her sweet voice and to look into her eyes. Those dazzling, blue comet eyes. Those eyes that he wanted to get lost in forever. The two broke the kiss but kept their foreheads together. They just stood in the middle of that field. There was no threat and nobody in danger. It was just them. Them and their love. Mon-El never wanted this moment to end, but he knew it would. Because it wasn't real. He looked at Kara and noticed that her gaze had drifted farther down the path. He followed her gaze and noticed that they weren't the only ones there. They walked down the path hand in hand. When they got closer, Mon-El and Kara came upon a little girl in a white dress.