Chapter 10: Jail Break

Darkness. That's all Skye could see. She felt so alone. It was the same way she felt when her mom disappeared. Skye wished her mother was here. She always made Skye feel that she was never alone. Slowly, light was creeping into her eyes. As the light pierced her eyes, Skye could make out herself moving in a hallway, or more rather she was being dragged through one. She attempted to look up but her head felt so heavy, all she could do was look down. She then recognized the door to the prison. When it opened Skye could see her father on the floor of his cell groaning from the pain coming from his wound. The two guards that were dragging her, opened her cell door and threw hand. Once Skye could gain back some strength, she sat up against the back of her cell. Breathing in and out, trying to calm down. Mon-El scooted back, as best as he could with his injury, to the wall of his cell so he was next to her. The only thing separating them was the grate between their cells.

"Are you okay?" Mon-El asked, breathing heavily. Skye looked at her father with an annoyed expression on her face.

"Seriously?" she snapped. Mon-El chuckled. "You're asking me if I'm okay? You are the one who got shot." Skye added.

"You were dragged to an unknown location where they did who knows what to you." Mon-El retorted. Skye sighed,

"Fair point."

"So... are you okay?" Mon-El repeated.

"I think so." she answered.

"What did they do to you?"

"I don't know." she said, "I passed out. All I remember is feeling searing pain throughout my body and a bright light in my eyes before.... everything went black." Skye was surprised with herself that she was talking to him. Mon-El grunted. Skye looked over to see him clutching the side of chest where blood was seeping through his uniform. Skye's eyes widened. She hadn't got a chance to see how bad his injury was before she got dragged away. "I thought you were bullet proof." Skye said, more as a question.

"I'm supposed to be... but not with this." Skye looked at his wound and saw grey shards in his suit. An all too familiar substance to her.

"Lead." Mon-El nodded. "I thought you were cured." Skye said, she remembered the story of how he came back and he was able to breathe in the atmosphere.

"It doesn't mean I'm not invulnerable to it." Mon-El said, grasping his chest. "Why did you do it?" Skye looked at her father with grave concern,

"What do you mean?"

"You know exactly what I mean. Why did you agree to the deal that masked man gave you?" Mon-El quickly snapped. He was not happy that his daughter agreed to who knows what.

"I was not going to let you die." Skye retorted back.

"You shouldn't have done that. Who knows what that guy is planning."

"I don't care. ....I maybe mad at you for what happened to me and my mom, but I never want to see you die. You deserve to live." she said. Mon-El laughed, thinking of the last time he was here.

"Is almost dying funny to you?" Skye asked.

"No it's just... that was the exact same thing your mother said to me when we were trapped here." Mon-El answered, thinking of Kara. Skye remembered. Her mom used to tell her that story and she also said this is where she first saw that Mon-El could be a hero. "Look I know you don't want to hear this but, I want you to know.... I do care about you. And... I'm sorry for what happened." Mon-El and Skye made eye contact and for the first time in her life, Skye had a real, genuine moment with her father. Then they hear crashing coming from outside of the prison. Skye stood up and walked to the front of her cell. "What was that?" Mon-El asked. Skye smiled.