Chapter 12: Not Again

Kara's Loft...
    Skye unlocked the door to her home, and the minute she opened the door she heard a familiar barking and the patter of paws coming toward her.

"Hi Toto!" Skye said as her dog ran up to her

"Hi Toto!" Skye said as her dog ran up to her. Toto had grown to be a good size in the past 7 years. "Sorry I'm late boy. I had a pretty crazy day." Toto licked her as if he was accepting her apology. Skye smiled and walked over to his bowl and filled it for him. Skye set down her bag on the table and flopped herself on the end of the couch. Toto had finished eating and he got up on the couch to lay next to her. Skye smiled as she stroked his head. She was so grateful to her Uncle Clark for giving her Toto. As Skye sat there with him she thought about what had happened that day. This was not how I was expecting today to go...Skye thought. One minute; Matthew and her were here having date night, the next; she's saving her long lost dad from a fatal wound. Skye looked over to the side table and picked up the scrapbook her Mom gave her. The House of El symbol, their family's symbol, was still shining on the cover after all of these years. Skye opened it up and began to flip through the pages. So many memories were within these pages. Skye loved every single moment. Her mom wanted to savor every moment she had when Skye was a child. Even though it used to bug her, Skye loved how much her mom treasured their memories. There were pictures from the day she was born till the day that she lost her mom. What most don't know was that was supposed to be a happy day, but it became the worst day of Skye's life. She cried as she got to the last page that had a picture in it. The book wasn't full yet but Skye hadn't put anything new in it after that day. The picture showed her and Kara in the loft, ready for the day. Skye had been so excited for it, but now it was a just reminder of what was supposed to happen if Nightshade hadn't ruined everything.

FLASHBACK
6 years ago...
Skye woke up feeling like she could fly. Which truth be told she can, but that just goes to show how happy she was. She left her room to find her mom in the kitchen preparing breakfast. Her mom wasn't always the best cook, in fact most of the time they ordered takeout, but Kara had gotten better for Skye.

"Good morning Mom." Skye said as she walked over and hugged Kara.

"Good morning Comet." Kara said, hugging her back. Skye took her usual place at the table as Kara placed her breakfast in front of her. "Are you excited?" Kara asked her daughter as she sat down next to her.

"Yes, ...but I'm also a little nervous." Skye said truthfully. She didn't want to mess up today because of how important today was.

"Don't be! You'll be amazing, like you always are." Kara reassured her. Skye smiled at her. Her mom was always so supportive of what she does and hopefully today she will be able to thank her for that.

"Thanks Mom." Skye said. Kara smiled and the two ate the rest of their breakfast. Skye took her and her Mom's dishes and washed them. Kara thanked her and told her to go get ready. Skye dashed into her room and used her super speed to brush her teeth and get dressed.