Say A Little Prayer

I woke up and the room was eerily quiet. I looked out the window and saw blackness.

 The light from above my head came into focus and so did the pain between my legs

The light from above my head came into focus and so did the pain between my legs. I rubbed my eyes as the memories of what happened last night rushed back into my head. My body shot up from the bed. I looked around the room quickly to make sure I was actually alone and Keith wasn't some where lurking about.

I immediately threw on a big shirt and ran out of my room to check on Erin. He was still sleep. I looked through the doorway covering my mouth as tears escaped down my cheeks. I can't believe I brought this man into our lives. How could I be so fucking dumb?

I closed his door and went to my bedroom to take a shower. I took off my shirt off and looked at my body in the mirror. It was horrible. Scratches and marks around my neck. Red and purple bruises on my thigh. I started the water waiting for the shower to warm up.

I felt horrible, disgusting. How could i let this happen? Why didn't I fight harder? I stepped my toe onto the shower floor before pulling back. I couldn't take a shower. I couldn't erase the evidence. I turned off the water and turned back to the mirror.

I had to get smart, i had to fix this. Make it right. Put him away, something I should've done a long time ago. My eyes were red and my hair a mess. I stared and stared until the anger in me pent up and i punched the mirror. It shattered all around me.

 It shattered all around me

"AHHHHHH"

I screamed at the pain i caused on myself. I slumped to the ground and held my hand as it bled out. I cried and cried. What the fuck is wrong with me?

My scream must've awoken Erin because he crept through the door and called me.

"Mommy?" His eyes full of tears. "Are you ok?"
I looked up. Yet again I have let my son see me at my weakest point. His rock, his mother.

" Oh baby. I'm okay. I just hurt my hand. Can you be a big boy and get dressed for mommy please?"

"Ok." He stared at my hand before slowly walking out.