r e u n i o n [ALTERNATE VERSION]

(a/n) hey y'all
so i never really do this so i'll explain
i assume most of y'all know what an alternate version is.
if you don't, it's just a different version.
so, this one shot is going to be different from the original.
the beginning and a little bit of the middle are going to be the EXACT same as the original, but then it's going to be different at a certain point, and i'll let you know at that point.

y'all matchcil stans are gonna hate me after this
even tho im a matchcil stan myself

Match had known she was gonna get eliminated.
She knew she had gotten what she deserved.
But she was still shocked for some reason.
She closed her eyes for a few seconds, and when she opened her eyes again, she was somewhere else.
She wasn't in the location that Cake at Stake was at.
Match looked around.
It was mostly just blue walls.
I'm inside of Four's head. Match thought, scowling a little.
She turned, and there was a door.
Only one door, and there was a paper next to the door saying:
"Eternal
Xalgebra
Iclass
TwithFour"
"Whoever made this sign has, like, no idea how acrostic poems work." Match said to herself.
She contemplated if she should open the door.
She decided she would, even though she found herself extremely nervous.
She felt her arm shake as she slowly opened the door.
She totally wasn't expecting what she saw.
She saw the eliminated contestants sitting at desks, well except Loser, who was still stuck in the jawbreaker. She assumed the jawbreaker at a desk was him.
I'm pretty sure I'm in the right place. She thought, as she scanned the room.
But she felt her heart skip a beat when she saw a certain someone.
Pencil, who was silently drawing on her paper, seeming like she was only captivated by whatever she was drawing.
Match was never gonna admit it, but she somewhat had a small crush on her.
But Match had always told herself to never let it get in the way of anything.
Meaning their friendship, mostly.
Match stood awkwardly by the door for a few seconds, waiting for someone to notice her.
Pencil seems too immersed in her drawing to hear or see the door open, but someone else noticed her first.
Liy.
"Oh, hey Match." She said.
That seemed to grab Pencil's attention.
"Match?!" She jumped up and ran up to her.
Match felt her heart beating at a faster pace when Pencil pulled her in for a hug.
Both of them weren't aware that most of the eliminated contestants were staring at them.
"I've missed you so much, Match."
"I've missed you too." They both smiled.
Match wondered if she should tell Pencil about what had happened the previous day.
She kept it in the back of her head, and decided not to bring it up right now.
Match rather just enjoy time with her friend right now, even if it is in an internal algebra class.
Pencil grabbed Match's hands, as if she wanted to grab her attention.
But, Match ended up being more nervous than before, and more regretful of not telling her anything.
"So, was there anything important I missed?" Pencil asked.
Match froze.
"Uh, no, nothing really." She felt her face get hot the more nervous she got.
"Are you okay? You seem really nervous and-"
Pencil got cut off by Four entering the room.
"What are you guys doing?" Four asked.
"Four! It's nothing! We were just-" Pencil got cut off once again by Four.
"Just go back to your seats." Four sighed.
"But Four, I don't, like, have a seat." Match said.
"Just sit at Leafy's old desk." Four said.
"And that is where?" Match asked.
Pencil nudged her, and pointed towards the desk that was in front of hers.
Match softly smiled, realizing that Pencil was implying that the desk that she had was in front of hers.
Once they sat back down, the same question was still on Pencil's mind.
"As I was saying, are you okay? I mean, you seem more shaky, nervous, and your face is getting a little red."
Match didn't want to admit anything that happened, so that explained the shakiness and nervousness.
But she didn't want to mention the other thing that made her nervous. The reason was because she liked Pencil, in a crush way, and she was just near her, which also added onto her jitteriness.
"Yeah, I'm, like, fine." Match sighed.
"You sure? You don't seem like it." Pencil asked once again.
"Pence-Pence, I'm fine."
"Alright, alright."
There was a silence between them, and Match took the time to think about what to tell Pencil while Pencil was talking to Liy about one of the questions.
Soon, they stopped talking, and Match turned around and took a deep breath.
Don't do this.
She's gonna hate you.
You're a horrible person.
Thoughts started rushing through her head, and they became overwhelming.
"Can I talk to you about something?" Match asked.
"So, something was wrong." Pencil raised her eyebrow.
Match sighed. "Uh, yeah."
"Well, spit it out!"
Match then explained everything with Bubble, her voice trembling with every word.

[ALTERNATE PART STARTS HERE]
"Match, why?" Pencil said, with an angry tone.
Match felt her heart drop.
She knew it.
"I was just trying to do what, like, you wanted to do!"
Match felt her breathing pick up, and she was hyperventilating.
She looked around, and Four was gone.
"That's not what I would've wanted. Not at all." Pencil growled.
Match felt herself tear up.
She had ruined everything.
Including her own friendship with her best friend, who was her best friend for a long time, and nothing got in between them.
Ever.
"Match, I can't believe this!"
"Shut up!" Liy yelled, from her desk, hearing the whole conversation.
"For once I agree with her, shut up!" Stapy yelled as well.
"Liy and Stapy, stay out of this!" Pencil yelled.
"Four's gonna be pissed if they come back to this. I'm just letting you know." Liy said, returning to her worksheet.
"Pencil-" Match trembled, before Pencil cut her off.
"What?!"
Match huffed, continuing what she wanted to say.
"I thought you were, like, my friend. Friends don't do this." Match tried to say in a serious tone, even though her voiced was shaking, and she was on the verge of losing it in front of everyone.
"Friends don't do what YOU DID!"
The whole class was staring at Pencil now, with Match cowering right in front of her.
Match didn't say anything, and she just quietly sat down, and silently crying to herself.
She felt someone touch her arm, thinking it was Pencil, she flinched away.
"Calm down."
It was Liy.
"How am I supposed to, like, calm down? My best friend just told me I'm, like, horrible." Match cried.
"Don't listen to her. I wasn't there, but after seeing you like this, I'm pretty sure you were just trying your best and didn't mean it." Liy whispered, making sure it was out of Pencil's earshot.
"I-I didn't. I was, like, trying to be like her. Just to be in her, like, place shile she was gone."
Match was trying to hold back tears, even though she was crying in the first place.
"It's going to be fine. I'm not normally someone to trust, but trust me on this one." Liy said, slowly walking back to her desk.
Match hesitantly turned around, and when she finally turned around, she realized Pencil was glaring at her and Liy, and trying to tune in to their conversation.
Match sighed, and faced the front of the classroom.
She tried working on whatever worksheet that was placed on her desk, but she couldn't focus.
She wanted to make things right again, but even though was she was facing away from Pencil, she felt her glare piercing right through her.
And it hurt like hell, even though nothing came out of Pencil's mouth and a glare couldn't physically hurt her.
What hurt her even more is that now she basically had no friends, and she couldn't change the past.
She couldn't change the fact that she hurt Bubble.
She couldn't change the fact that Pencil was mad at her.
She couldn't do anything to renew friendships with anyone.
And that's what hurt the most.

Words: 1504

(a/n) hi yes i know this chapter was SUPER shitty but i was in the mood for some mf dramaaaaaa

that shit hurted

if match and pencil's relationship actually turned into this i would just die
but i highly doubt it

anyway i hope you enjoyed the chapter i wrote on vacation and that ended up really bad so yea

take care of urselves and have a great day/afternoon/night :)
also stay mf hydrated it's hot as hell where i am
well you should always stay hydrated but you get my point