r e u n i o n

(a/n) iM SORRY THAT IM SUCH A MATCH AND PENCIL STAN THAT I WRITE THEM LIKE EVERY CHAPTER IM SORRY IM SORRY IM SORRY
I THINK NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE DIFFERENT CHARACTERS OOP IDK THO

plot: match and pencil meeting each other after the long while in exit
ive been waiting to write this for a while jesus christ this better turn out well

also keep in mind this is kinda a sequel to the previous one shot?
like match is highkey still really sad okay

Also there's matchcil (the ship) so yeah uh just saying that so nobody gets mad at me for not warning them

characters that spoke/ are mentioned:
Match
Pencil
Four
Liy
All the eliminated contestants (mentioned? Idk)
Leafy (mentioned)
Bubble (mentioned)
Loser (mentioned)

Match had known she was gonna get eliminated.
She knew she had gotten what she deserved.
But she was still shocked for some reason.
She closed her eyes for a few seconds, and when she opened her eyes again, she was somewhere else.
She wasn't in the location that Cake at Stake was at.
Match looked around.
It was mostly just blue walls.
I'm inside of Four's head. Match thought, scowling a little.
She turned, and there was a door.
Only one door, and there was a paper next to the door saying:
"Eternal
Xalgebra
Iclass
TwithFour"
"Whoever made this sign has, like, no idea how acrostic poems work." Match said to herself.
She contemplated if she should open the door.
She decided she would, even though she found herself extremely nervous.
She felt her arm shake as she slowly opened the door.
She totally wasn't expecting what she saw.
She saw the eliminated contestants sitting at desks, well except Loser, who was still stuck in the jawbreaker. She assumed the jawbreaker at a desk was him.
I'm pretty sure I'm in the right place. She thought, as she scanned the room.
But she felt her heart skip a beat when she saw a certain someone.
Pencil, who was silently drawing on her paper, seeming like she was only captivated by whatever she was drawing.
Match was never gonna admit it, but she somewhat had a small crush on her.
But Match had always told herself to never let it get in the way of anything.
Meaning their friendship, mostly.
Match stood awkwardly by the door for a few seconds, waiting for someone to notice her.
Pencil seems too immersed in her drawing to hear or see the door open, but someone else noticed her first.
Liy.
"Oh, hey Match." She said.
That seemed to grab Pencil's attention.
"Match?!" She jumped up and ran up to her.
Match felt her heart beating at a faster pace when Pencil pulled her in for a hug.
Both of them weren't aware that most of the eliminated contestants were staring at them.
"I've missed you so much, Match."
"I've missed you too." They both smiled.
Match wondered if she should tell Pencil about what had happened the previous day.
She kept it in the back of her head, and decided not to bring it up right now.
Match rather just enjoy time with her friend right now, even if it is in an internal algebra class.
Pencil grabbed Match's hands, as if she wanted to grab her attention.
But, Match ended up being more nervous than before, and more regretful of not telling her anything.
"So, was there anything important I missed?" Pencil asked.
Match froze.
"Uh, no, nothing really." She felt her face get hot the more nervous she got.
"Are you okay? You seem really nervous and-"
Pencil got cut off by Four entering the room.
"What are you guys doing?" Four asked.
"Four! It's nothing! We were just-" Pencil got cut off once again by Four.
"Just go back to your seats." Four sighed.
"But Four, I don't, like, have a seat." Match said.
"Just sit at Leafy's old desk." Four said.
"And that is where?" Match asked.
Pencil nudged her, and pointed towards the desk that was in front of hers.
Match softly smiled, realizing that Pencil was implying that the desk that she had was in front of hers.
Once they sat back down, the same question was still on Pencil's mind.
"As I was saying, are you okay? I mean, you seem more shaky, nervous, and your face is getting a little red."
Match didn't want to admit anything that happened, so that explained the shakiness and nervousness.
But she didn't want to mention the other thing that made her nervous. The reason was because she liked Pencil, in a crush way, and she was just near her, which also added onto her jitteriness.
"Yeah, I'm, like, fine." Match sighed.
"You sure? You don't seem like it." Pencil asked once again.
"Pence-Pence, I'm fine."
"Alright, alright."
There was a silence between them, and Match took the time to think about what to tell Pencil while Pencil was talking to Liy about one of the questions.
Soon, they stopped talking, and Match turned around and took a deep breath.
Don't do this.
She's gonna hate you.
You're a horrible person.
Thoughts started rushing through her head, and they became overwhelming.
"Can I talk to you about something?" Match asked.
"So, something was wrong." Pencil raised her eyebrow.
Match sighed. "Uh, yeah."
"Well, spit it out!"
Match then explained everything with Bubble, her voice trembling with every word.
-
"And that's like, it. I can move myself, since you probably hate me now." Match looked down and started to get up.
"I don't hate you now."
"Why?" Match was confused.
"Well, I'm surprised you aren't the one hating me; I mean- that leadership tactic was all my idea, and I feel bad." Now, Pencil seemed to be ashamed.
Well, I'm surprised you aren't the one hating me.
Match felt the total opposite about her.
She didn't know if she should bring that up.
Fuck it. Match thought.
"Well, I don't hate you, actually. I think the opposite of that. I think it's bad."
"What's bad?" Pencil looked worried now.
"No, it's not you, it's just..." Match's voice turned to a murmur.
"Just what?"
"What's bad is, is that I like you." Match felt like she was gonna die on the spot.
"Well, we're friends, I like you too."
Not that way.
"No, no. More than that." Match now wanted to just throw herself in a hole and die of embarrassment. She probably didn't look any better than she thought.
"Wait... You mean..." Pencil seemed like she was questioning a lot of things now.
Match had enough of her questioning, and just blurted it out without any thought.
"I have a crush on you."
Pencil froze.
Fuck, fuck, fuck. You shouldn't have said that.
Match wanted to actually die on the spot now.
"Well, I find that kinda funny, considering the fact you're cooler than me." Pencil smiled.
"So, you're implying..?
Now it was Pencil's turn to die of embarrassment.
"I like you that way too." She buried her hands in her face, seeming extremely embarrassed, more than Match.
Match and Pencil both jumped when a voice interrupted them.
"I'm not surprised." Liy said from her desk and chuckled.

Word Count: 1318

(A/N) Sorry for the little wait, this week and the next few weeks are very stressful for me and my anxiety levels are through the roof. So updates may be slow. I really hated how I ended this one honestly. I'm tired and it's late at night, I mostly wanted to get this done, lmao.
but yes, ya girl (me) hates this so much oh my god oof
On a totally different note I was listening to twenty one pilots while writing this and their song semi automatic lowkey reminds me of leafy okay
Anyways, have a great day/afternoon/night and take care of urselves
:)