Chapter 12

Chapter 12- The Funeral

I pulled on a body-con V neck black dress it had dark lace over the shoulders, arms and chest. I matched my dress with my coal black platforms and pulled on my ebony leather studded jacket. My blonde locks were pulled into a slick tight pony tail showing off my high cheekbones. My makeup was some thick black eyeliner round my sad blue eyes. These were going to be one of the longest hours in my short life.

I sat in the back of the posh vintage car gazing out the tinted window it was raining heavily the weather matched my mood, Bleak and Cold. I could hear my parents talking in the front about some meeting my dad had afterwards, we were going to a funeral. My dead cousin's funeral and he was worrying about meeting my fists clenched up.

I could feel the rage boiling inside of me like a ticking bomb ready to explode. I was about to say something when I noticed we were pulling into the church car park.

I sucked in a Sharp inhale on breath before opening the door swinging my long legs out the car I strutted out, I didn't bother waiting for my parents I carried on making my way inside the church I slide into the booth next to Evan, who smiled at me reassuringly and grabbed my hand squeezing it softly for comfort. I looked around whilst waiting for the service to start.

There were a lot of people here from school or parties, or gang stuff Katie always had a knack for making friends, she was like-able sadly my parents didn't find her very 'Like-able'.

We listened to a few people speak, I got up for my turn to speak before we went outside to lower the coffin. I started walking up the aisle towards the podium where the coffin was. The coffin with Katie's dead body. I sucked in breath quickly before diving into my poem, I wrote about her,

Farewell my friend you're leaving.

It's time for you to go

Your friendship was a blessing

And I will miss you

We Shared so many secrets

You brightened up my days

You brought me so much happiness

With your kind and loving ways

You lifted up my spirits

When I was feeling blue

No matter what was happening

You knew just what to do

We ran between the raindrops

And walker beneath the sun

Ran barefoot in the summertime

And oh, we had such fun

Through all the ups and downs of life

The good times and the sad

From Elementary school days to High school years

The best friend I ever had

The best friend I ever will have

The angels are here to take you home

Now you and I must part

I love you and forever

You will live within my heart.

I could feel tears at the brink of my eye but I quickly shook them back, I looked at the people here watching everyone was in tears except two people my parents. My dad was texting on his phone rapidly oblivious to anyone around him.Cunt.

My mother was reapplying her dark red lip stick whilst admiring her looks in the small compact mirror. They didn't even have the decency to be respectful at a funeral fair enough they didn't like her but they could at least have some respect.

Katie's funeral song began playing just as they began lifting her coffin she has chosen the song it wasn't a melody like normal funeral songs it was 'Panic! At the disco-Trade mistakes' but I guess that's what I love about Katie she not afraid to be bold and different.

I let the hum of the music fill my ears,

Placing a smile at the perfect event

Gracing your skin with the side of my hand

If I ever leave, I could learn to miss you

But sentimental boy as my nom de plume

Let me save you, hold this rope

I may never sleep tonight

As long as you're still burning bright.

If I could trade mistakes for sheep.

Count me away before you sleep'll stay awake 'until I trade my mistakes.

So they fade away.

I feel marooned in this body.

Deserted, my organs can go on without me.

You can't fly these wings.

You can't sleep in this box with me.

Let me save you, hold this rope.

I may never sleep tonight.

As long as you're still burning bright.

If I could trade mistakes for sheep.

Count me away before you sleep.

I'll stay awake 'til I trade my mistakes

So they fade away

So let me save you, hold this rope

And I'll pull you in'

Cause I am an anchor, save her

Oh, I feel it sinking in

Let me save you, hold this rope, I am an anchor sinking her

I may never sleep tonight

As long as you're still burning bright

If I could trade mistakes for sheep

Count me away before you sleepI'll stay awake 'til I trade my mistakes

I managed to contain the anger pulsing through my veins and follow the coffin and everyone out to the lowering of the coffin, I linked my hand through Evans and carried on following everyone. It was still raining outside, but I was too depressed to care by this point.

A few more people read out, poems and speeches just as the last young boy who I recognized from school was about to read out his short speech. A phone began ringing my eyes darted straight to the person who I knew it was. My mum of course I glared at him. I watched her answer her phone and stroll away casually towards the church again could she not miss one call to watch her Niece be lowered to the ground? Bitch.

My mascara ran leaving big black streaks down my face it was a mixture between rain and tears.Regretting putting eye make-up on now. Usually I would at no time cry I was the hardcore gang member, and we were known for ruthlessness, I couldn't stay strong today though no matter how hard I tried, and I was leaving here tomorrow so who care's what these people think? I will probably never see half of them again now.

As soon as the burial finished I untangled my hands from Evans quickly and stormed straight towards the church where my dad was clenching my fists, fury pulsing my veins. I could hear Leah shouting me, but I carried on. I stomped straight up to my mum whose back was facing me she was still on the phone as well.

Tapping her lightly on the shoulder she quickly turned around to see who it was, Just as I delivered my right fist into her Jaw. I heard a loud click telling me I dislocated her jaw, she staggered back a few seconds releasing her phone from his grasp, which is when I raise my foot wearing heavy doc Martin's and stomping on her phone and twisting my foot slightly.

My mother looked at me in pure shock before turning into anger, she went to grab me but in one swift mood, I stepped back. I turned upon my heel smiling triumphantly and flounced towards Evan and the gang grinning at me.

Four hours later

"You best visit sometimes Sasha" Leah said smirking at me. She was plonked on my bed in the warehouse.

"Of course I will, now will you help me get the rest of my stuff lazy" I replied playfully whilst folding a handful of clothes and shoving them in my red GUCCI suitcase.

Leah groaned before dragging herself off the bed like it was the hardest thing she has ever done. She started on my drawers containing, underwear, tights, socks, and random bits and bobs. A sigh escaped my lips as I realised I was going to be in so much trouble when I went back after the whole thing at the funeral. Not that I was bothered just I had a headache and couldn't really be bothered with all my parents shit tonight.

After another hour of me and Leah talking about random rubbish whilst packing up my stuff we were done and collapsed onto my bed shattered. I looked at the clock it was only 7:30pm I closed my eyes still a very familiar smell filled my nostrils. Weed. I opened one eye to see Leah hovering over me waving a joint in my face, she handed it to me grinning like mad women. I took it instantly and took a drag. The room was silent neither of us talked for a good ten minutes it wasn't awkward, but I think that's because we were too busy smoking to care.

Leah eventually broke the silence "When are you going to face your's and Katie's place?" she questioned.

I hadn't been back to my true home since the night she died, I just couldn't face it everything would remind me off her, there were so many memories there for the short year I have lived there and considering half the time I slept at the warehouse or on the odd occasion at some random guy Evan knew's house.

"Sasha?" Leah said waving her hand in front of my face dragging me out of my thoughts.

"Oh sorry" I said realizing I had zoned out on her and not answered her question.

"Tis fine, well?" She said waiting for me to answer her question.

"Oh and I don't know am just not ready yet" I replied turning my head to see her reaction.

She nodded showing she understood where I was coming from before getting up and opening the door to leave she quickly turned around and said, "Just remember you can't hide for ever" and with that she shut the door and was gone leaving me lying in my bed letting what she said sink in.

'You can't hide forever' I frowned feeling slightly pissed my best friend who was also my cousin has died it's gonna take time. I got up dragging my suitcase towards my car before saying a quick good-bye to Leah and Alex and telling them to say bye to rest.

We weren't really big on good-bye's in the gang. It wasn't our style. Our good-bye's were when you killed someone and said good-bye viciously before leaving them for dead, I had killed someone yeah, and I had seen the guys assassinate someone but I really I only helped, but I was more on the fighting scene if anything to be honest.

My tummy was doing huge black flips as I knew on Monday, I will be back at school.

To face Everyone again.

A/N Vote and comment please thank you for reading up to this far! 

Random quote/Saying of the Chapter- Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened.