Chapter 1

Phil had always loved music.

Whether he was blasting Muse in his room or listening to Mozart with his parents, music had always been very important to him. It was his escape from all of the shit that came along with life. Whenever school got to be too much, he knew that he could put on his headphones and fade out of existence. Yet, he never learned to play an instrument. So, when his mom suggested he take piano lessons, he was a reluctant to say yes. Nonetheless, the idea had always appealed to him, so after thinking it over, he eventually agreed.

***

As Phil dragged himself out of bed a few days later, he inspected his calendar, there were the usual:

-Math Test Friday!

-Complete History Project by Tuesday

along with other reminders regarding other useless homework assignments Phil would have to complete. But this was not out of the ordinary for a junior in high school.

He smiled when he saw the last note on his calendar

-First Piano Lesson Today @4:30

He forced himself to get up and into the shower. Afterwards, he threw on a pair of black skinny jeans (as usual) and a Pokemon t-shirt. Normally, he would have straightened his jet black hair, yet today he decided not to out of sheer laziness and proceeded to breakfast.

~

School was horrifically boring as usual. The only class that got him through the day was Film. He had reluctantly chosen to take the class as a freshman and had fallen in love with video making and creating short films. Not to mention, that he was the teacher's favorite. Today, however, he felt distracted. He couldn't stop thinking about what would happen at his piano lesson.

What if the teacher was horrible?

What if he wasn't good enough?

What if he forgot how to read music?

These thoughts plagued him throughout all of his classes and even as he walked home.

When he finally reached his bedroom, he threw his backpack to the side and collapsed on his bed. Letting out a sigh, he placed his earbuds in his ears and hit shuffle. It was like entering a world where he could be at peace; and in this world he remained for another hour until he heard a doorbell ring and his mother calling for him.

His piano lesson! He had forgotten completely. Suddenly all of his fears came flooding back to him and he stumbled down the stairs nervously.

He adjusted his fringe quickly before exhaling loudly and opening his front door.

Phil was shocked, yet as soon as he laid eyes on the boy standing in front of him, he couldn't help but feel something special, something he had never felt before. But how, he didn't ever know this guy!

A/N- Thank you so much for reading. This is my first fanfic, so I am aware that it's probably not perfect. Any comments you have whether they are complements or criticisms, are much appreciated.

Anyway, I hope you have a great day :)