Twenty - Ever After

"Your Highness! You should really start getting ready!" There she goes again. Ivy has always been panicky when it comes to getting me ready for special events.

"Relax, Ivy." I tried to calm her down and followed her to my room.

I can't believe that it has already been a whole year since my first supposed wedding. It was the same as before, everyone roaming all over to get the whole palace ready for tonight.

To be honest, I was still quite nervous. What if his feelings go away with the spell the second I say I do. On the way to my room, Gordon approached me.

"This is for you." He said with a great big grin on his face. He handed me a little blue velvet box.

"Thank you." I smiled back. When I was in my room, I opened it and just as I expected, it was the pink Jade ring Levi made for me.
What rested on top of it was a little folded paper.

__________

Thought it's about time I return this little good-luck-on- being- with-me-forever charm.

See you soon, Audrey.
__________

I couldn't stop smiling as I slipped the ring in my finger. This cute pre-wedding gesture gave me a thought. I remembered that the bronze ring was with me all along in that rustic wooden box.

I scavenged for it in my drawers until I found it. I took the bronze ring out of its box. It's the same as how I recalled it to be, thick, ancient with that engraving:

Levi Dawson - Red

I decided to send it back to Levi, too. I wrote him up a tiny note of my own.

__________

Here's your very own I'm-so-lucky-to-be-with-Audrey charm.

Can't wait to see you crying as I enter.
__________

I requested Ivy to bring it to him and she happily did.

"Audrey!" Piper came dashing in my room as Ivy dashed out. She wasn't in her gown yet but she had some makeup on already.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"Nothing just checking to see if you're already wearing the dress I made for you!" She squealed excitedly.

"Piper, I don't even have any makeup on yet!"

"Yeah, I can see that, obviously." She just rolled her eyes as she made her way out of my room.

Piper's version of my wedding dress design was just perfect. I fell in love the moment I saw it even from her hologram. The usual routine was done. They teased my hair into a beautiful half up half down. They dolled me up to the max with such elegant rose gold creases for my eyes and a fine touch of glitter for my highlights, cherry reds for my lips and rose petal blush for my cheeks.

Being only five foot two and a quarter getting married to a six foot three guy looks just a tiny bit absurd and funny.

Therefore, Ivy picked out some five and a half inched heels that were simply magical. They were a pair of really shiny crystal glass slippers like from the classic tale of Cinderella but a lot higher and I bet were much more comfortable.

"Let's get you into your dress, your Highness." Ivy said it so calmly while trying to hold her smile. I knew this was one of the moments she was also waiting for. I mean isn't it every girl's moment?