Seventeen - Freedom?

Start from the beginning

"Wow." She speechlessly remarked once she saw me. My dress was not even properly worn yet.

"Don't wow, wow me." I said when I saw her in her own dress that she designed herself.

Her hair was tied up, little curls hanging by the sides of her forehead, a simple bright tiara on the crown of her head. She wore a midnight blue dress with a semi-sweetheart tube top.

The slightly puffy but flowing gown was showered with fine teardrops of glitter resembling shooting stars all around from top to bottom. She looked like the fairy of the night sky.

My gown was different. It was regal but it didn't wow me much. I didn't pick out the design, Ivy did. Like I said, I didn't care about today.

It had a laced long sleeved illusion surface with a straight neckline right inside. The soft cloth hugged my waist and the skirt of the dress spread out evenly through my petticoat. Lace and beads were showered all over my dress, too.

Only thirty five minutes left to the wedding! I was just in my room with Piper and Mother. The three of us were all ready and pretty to go.

No trouble yet. I'm pretty sure that if Damian had made his move, it would get pretty noisy around the palace. I was rather curious on how that stupid prince will do it. How in the world will he pull this off with everyone watching?

"I can't believe we're all playing along with Damian's game." Piper said while we quietly waited in my room.

"What if he bailed on his plan?" I asked nervously.

"We'll never know, Audrey. Just close your eyes and don't expect anything" Mother said with a sigh.

There we were, sitting, waiting, and honestly hoping for Damian's plan.

At the stroke of 3:30 pm, there was a knock on my bedroom door. Piper stood to open.

It was Levi.

He entered the room with his special uniform on, a sad look on his face.

"Audrey. I'm guessing he is pushing through with the wedding." He announced sadly.

My heart stopped.

"How did you know?" Piper asked before I could say anything.

"Oh, it's just a guess. Nothing's happened and it's almost 4 pm." Levi said.

"Keep this for me?" I said as I handed Levi over my little pink Jade ring.

I was a bit relieved but at the same time still quite worried.

What's going to happen in the next thirty minutes will be a full surprise for all of us.

"I was sent to call you to the North Wing to meet the reporters who are dying to see you three, especially the bride. Guests have arrived and are seated in the chapel." Levi simply said. He was a bit emotionless for someone who "loves" me.

"And Damian?" I asked.

"Isn't here yet." He replied finishing my sentence.

Levi escorted all three of us to the North Wing. Reporters immediately swarmed us, Halmark being one of them.

"Your Highness! You look glorious! How does it feel to finally be getting married?" Halmark was quick, ahead of all other reporters. She was able to come close before all the other guards blocked the others out.

"Excited, I guess." I wore a fake smile while Piper helped me with my trailing dress.

"How many kids are you planning on having, your Highness!?"