Fifteen - Brown for a Minute

Start from the beginning

I thought we were supposed to be discreet.

"What?" I shouted.

With all the guards watching, he ran across the open grassy field. He tripped and fell rolling towards me. I just laughed and stood to help him up.

"It's been a while since I last ran." He defended himself while taking some dried leaves off his uniform.

"You're just a loser." I said while fixing his raven black hair.

"So you're busy huh?" I suddenly heard a man's voice coming from the palace entrance.

I turned to look at him.

Damian was there standing by the doorway while holding a bouquet of flowers. He just stared at me with the most upset look on his face.

"Damian!" I said as I stood up and walked up towards him. I didn't wear any hint of guilt on my face. I didn't do anything wrong. I acted like nothing happened.

"What were you doing?" Damian asked.

"I was just playing around with Levi before I start some duties." I answered honestly, an unchanging expression on my face as I came closer.

"Oh." Damian was speeches.

"Here, these are for you." He handed over the bouquet.

"Thanks, their beautiful." I said gratefully.

"How did you get in?" I asked curiously.

"I told them that I just wanted to give you the flowers." He answered.

"Audrey, I-" Damian was about to say something when Levi interrupted,

"Your Highness, the King would like to see you."

"Can it wait?" I asked.

"He wants to see you now." Levi insisted.

"I told you I was busy." I said to Damian apologetically.

"Maybe I'll see you tomorrow?" I said as I went in with Levi.

The guards then escorted Damian out. I looked at him who had a disappointed look on his face.

I almost felt sorry.

Almost.

"What does Father want?" I asked Levi as we were walking.

"Oh, Nothing. I just made that up." Levi said straight. He didn't even feel sorry.

"You had no right to do that. Maybe he had something important to say." I was genuinely angry.

I knew that Damian betrayed me so badly but Levi does not own me.

"Audrey, please give me an answer already?" Levi asked desperately.

"No, Levi. My answer is no!" I stopped to face him.

He didn't say anything for a while. He just looked down and placed his hand on his chest.

"I'm sorry if I did that, I was just trying to protect you." He apologized.

"Protect me?" I scoffed. "That's all you'll ever do, Levi."

"You're making me fall harder and deeper only for you to JUST protect me in the end." I said.

"Look, I'm sorry, Audrey." Levi apologized.

"But I know how I feel now. Even when this ends, I will have these memories of when I love you and it won't go away...

... It just can't." He took my hands desperately.