23 | First Dates & Adopted Cats

Start from the beginning

"So, the cat." Taehyung changed the topic. "We should all buy a cat and bring it to the precinct."

"Bet," the three officers responded in unison.

━━━━━━━━

"Jungkook, where are we going? It's nearly midnight," Jimin said, practically on the edge of his seat. "I mean, you haven't said a word the whole ride."

"Well, where do you want to go?" Jungkook asked, a small smile on his lips.

Jimin shrugged. "Kinda just wanted to watch you profess your love for me."

Jungkook parked his car on the side of the road. Jimin looked out the window to see the local movie theater, the neon lights above the building shining bright. Jimin looked back at Jungkook, his breath caught in his throat. Their first date.

"Tragic," Jungkook retorted. "I wanted to watch Spider-man."

━━━━━━━━

"When I said we should all buy a cat, I meant that all of us should go out together and buy one cat," Taehyung said, eyeing Hoseok, Jin, and Yoongi as they each held a cat in their hands.

"Yeah, that makes a lot more sense when you say it like that," Jin replied, stroking his cat's cashmere fur.

"Can't you just return them?" Taehyung asked.

Yoongi's eyes shot up, amazed by the stupidity. "What?"

"If you have the receipt, you could just return them," Taehyung said.

"If you could return living things, your mom would've given you back real quick," Yoongi said, satisfied by the hurt look on Taehyung's face.

"Oh god, I'm getting shaky," Taehyung gushed. "There are images playing in my head of possible scenarios that could occur and some of them don't seem good and I'm getting stressed out."

"Congratulations," Yoongi said. "That means your brain's working."

━━━━━━━━

"Oh!" Jungkook exclaimed, a deep blush on his face as he tried to grin at Taehyung, who looked completely dead inside. "You work here?"

"Night shifts at the movie theater, yes," Taehyung replied monotonously. He glanced at Jimin and Jungkook who were linked by the arm awkwardly and didn't look surprised.

"Uh," Jimin started when Taehyung kept staring expectantly. "Medium popcorn, please."

"Sweet or salty?"

"Actually," Jungkook said with a smirk creeping at his lips. "I'd like them like he is." He shot Jimin a smile, making him blush.

"I'm sorry," Taehyung apologized. "We don't have ugly popcorn."

━━━━━━━━

"How the fuck are we gonna hide three cats from the Captain?" Hoseok whispered harshly. "We have to take these home!"

"My apartment doesn't allow pets," Jin said.

Taehyung raised his hand. "Same here. The kids are more than enough."

"Mine does, but I don't want to take it home," Yoongi said.

Jin froze up completely, all his limbs seized as he stared down at his meowing cashmere cat. "We have a problem." Everyone's eyes landed on Jin and his filled with panic. "My cat's in labor."

Yoongi held his hand up for a high-five and Jin slapped him across the face.

━━━━━━━━