CHAPTER 18.

ENJOY

ENJOY.🌸

"You don't know how much in pain I been through in letting her go. I have been through hell Emily. It's a saying 'NEVER JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER' and you just did that. I just wanted to apologize for what I did. I haven't slept peacefully since Amber left me. But you just can't understand how much pain is there in my heart." Tyler said pointing towards his heart. Wait was he about to cry? Tyler Benson and crying? No way!

"You know what? I don't fucking care about you forgiving me or not! I thought apologizing to you would make you think that I am not an asshole but I don't think so you deserve seeing who I really am. I am an asshole right?" I shook my head in disbelief. I was about to say he was getting me wrong but he showed me his hand, making me shut.

"That's what you think. Fine, I WILL KEEP BEING AN ASSHOLE TO YOU MISS EMILY MARTIN!" He bawled at me, making me startled. He left from there leaving me speechless. I stood there dumbly watching him go. I so wanted to run behind him, stop him from going and tell him that whatever he said was not right. Okay, half of it. I always used to think he was an asshole but from past few days, my perception regarding him changed.

I wanted to tell him that he is not the same Tyler, I once met. He is hiding that nice Tyler behind his anger. I started liking him. I still do. Not the one who just shouted at me and left me speechless. I don't know what's wrong with me. Why do I always have to bring that bitch into our conversation? Why can't I see it in his eyes how much pain he is hiding behind his anger. He was about to open up to me. You are an idiot, Vanessa.

Finally, he was about to open his heart to me but no I have to mess it up. I hurriedly grabbed my phone and notebook and left the conference room. I knocked on his door and after he said to come in, I entered his office. I saw him took a glance at my direction but directed his gaze back to the laptop. Shutting the door behind me, I made my way towards him. I stood in front, impatiently tapping my feet.

"Stop doing that." I smiled. At least he said something, rather than just sitting behind his desk and ignoring me.
Karma is a bitch. Logan was right. Whatever Tyler wanted to do before when I was ignoring him. Now I want to do the same.

"Um...Tyler...I am...sorry for what I said...before."

"I am your boss, not your fucking friend. Don't you ever call me by the first name!" He said still looking at his laptop, with anger clear in his voice.

"But..." He interrupted me.

"No ifs and buts Miss Martin. Get ready till seven. We have a celebration party today." He said while getting up. He grabbed his coat which was on the chair. He tucked his phone into his pocket and passed by me.

I took long strides towards him but failed miserably when I fell down. Ahh...these fucking heels. He turned around and frowned.

"Don't wear such heels if you can't walk in them, Miss Martin." He said giving me his hand. I smiled at him but he looked another way. My smile soon faded and I got up, deliberately throwing myself at him. See I told you, when someone ignores you, you start doing stupid things to gain their attention. He took a few steps back, creating distance between us.