CHAPTER 13.

ENJOY

ENJOY.🌸

I nervously chuckled and we both I was on my way to Noah's office when I saw a handsome man walking towards Tyler's office. He looked like he was in his mid-forties. He was well dressed in a black three-piece suit. Everyone greeted him when he was passing by. He saw me staring at him and I embarrassingly looked another way. He made his way towards me while I nervously smiled at him.

"Hello... sir. How... may I... help you?" I hesitatingly asked him.

"I have never seen you here before. Are you Tyler's new assistant?"

"Yeah, I am his assistant." I smiled at him.

"Okay. I hope you will stay." He chuckled.

"Sorry. I don't get it." I looked at him in confusion.

"It's nothing to worry about dear. Whoever Tyler appoints as his assistant, they resign after a week or two."

"Oh." I nervously chuckled.

"Btw, I am Tyler's dad. Aric Benson." He offered his hand to me for a handshake. Why does his name sound so familiar?

"Emily Martin. Nice to meet you sir," I genuinely smiled at him.

He smiled back. "Nice to meet you too, Emily."

He called out for Amanda while I stood there staring at him like a dumb girl.

"Bring me coffee. I will be in Tyler's office."

"Sure sir."

With that, she left. He directed his gaze at me and smiled at me.

I smiled back at me. "See you soon sir."

He nodded and left. How come his dad is so calm and sweet and Tyler is so rude. He is a complete opposite of him. I shook my head and made my way towards Noah's office. I opened his office's door and found it empty. He must be still in Tyler's office. I was so bored. There was nothing for me to do.

I saw Amanda walking towards Tyler's office. I took bigger steps to reach her on time before she enters Tyler's office. "Hey Amanda, Give me I'll take it."

She faced me. "Thank you, Emily."

I smiled at her and took the tray from her hand. I marched towards his office but stopped when I heard my dad's name. I placed my ears onto the door and listened to their conversation.

"So are you willing to marry George's daughter?" Aric asked.

"Dad, please. I just broke up. It's not that I don't love Amber. I still love her. At least give me some time." What? Did he break up? When did that happen?

"Sure son. Take as much time as you want to."

"But dad that girl ran away? So how come Tyler will marry her then?" Noah asked.