Staring into the barrel

He stared into the barrel of the gun. His brown eyes had no fear in them. He just pressed his head further up against the barrel just staring into it. "Do it "He whispered. She just looked at him. 

The warm summer air, the distant sound of cars and the children's laughter from the street under them made this seem like a fantasy, which was happening on the rooftop. 

She knew she had promised him to do it, to help him, but not this way, not like this. Her hands were shaking. She could feel the tears making her eyes blank. "Please. Joselyn. "He moved her finger to the trigger. "You know that in a few days I would still be a dead man. Just please put me out of my misery. "She dropped the gun. She froze as the sound of the gun hit the ground. He didn't say anything he just looked at her. He picked up the gun gently. "I---- I can't. I am sorry Theo, but I can't I just can't. "Her voice was shaking. He had a sad smile on his face. He took her hand in his. The warmth of his hand made her calm. Before she could blink, he had pressed the gun barrel into the side of his head. "I am sorry for this. "He pulled the trigger. His hand slides out of her's. His body landed lifeless on the ground. His eyes were closed. He had a smirked smile on his face as this had just been a joke. His face had gotten ghostly white and the blood was streaming out of his skull painting his blond hair red like a rose. She was standing over his body shaking. She fell to her knees next to his body. She could feel the tears cutting in her eyes as they started to fall down her chin.

She grabbed his hand, which was slowly getting colder from his heart stopped beating. Why couldn't she had kept her promise to help him, no she had to chicken out of course. She bends down and started crying into his chest. "I am sorry I failed you. "She whispered into his chest as the tears just fell down from her cheeks to his shirt.