That Dragon is My Son!

Start from the beginning

"Adira, my child." The voice came again and that made her jump up to her feet in fright.

She continued to turn round and round, trying to find the owner of that cold yet soothing voice calling for her, but she couldn't see her. It sounded sophisticated and lovely—like the soft tinkling of bells. It sounded divine.

"Who.. Who's there?" Adira risked asking the ghost-y voice. She should be a ghost herself. So what's there to fear, right?

"Hello, sweet little girl." A woman, with elf-like pointy ears, white golden silky straight hair and smooth porcelain white skin with platinum eyes, appeared before her.

The woman version of Casimir.

"Ca-Casey.. Casey is a girl. Oh goodness. Even in my dreams, am I fantasizing Casey as a woman? Well that sly handsome bastard is too beautiful for his own good.

Why'd he have to be such a beauty that can even trample a girl's beauty? What the heck is with that guy's level of attractiveness?"

Adira ranted on and on before she was cut by a giggle that rang like a soft happy melody. And she immediately fell in love.

"My son chose a fascinating one indeed."

Son? She's Casimir and Stefan's mother? What a beautiful person!

"Sweet child, would you please tell me how Casimir's faring? Is he that same cute little crystal that shines with the morning sun?"

Madam, I think you're talking about a different Casimir. He's dark alright? He's gloomy and cold! Although he's not with me... But he's still cold!

"Are you talking about the first prince Casimir?" Adira asked, doubtful about the person she was describing. But she only knew one Casimir in the entirety of the empire.

"Who else, dearest? Is my little crystal doing fine? How about my shy and silent Stefan?"

Shy?! In which part of that idiotic prince is shy? And silent?! Madam! He's as noisy as an Ostrich!

"The second prince, Prince Stefan, is very lively, sunny and bright. He's very popular with the noble ladies and he's very handsome. He's doing well on his duties as the empire's prince and there is nothing to worry about him.

Casey—umm—Prince Casimir's doing well too. He's a genius at various fields—even beating specialists of their respective fields—and very strong. He's... He's just... the best." Adira's voice turned soft after speaking about Casimir.

She misses him so much. She didn't regret how she selflessly sacrificed herself in his stead. What she did regret was how she didn't say goodbye to him properly nor tell him what she wasn't able to say to him sooner.

She regretted how she can no longer see him and Heise again.

Caelia, who noticed and figured out what Adira was feeling, smiled softly. Although her son was too forceful at scheming to tie her to him, he chose the right person. So she felt happy. She loved Adira almost immediately.

She knew she would be a great wife and companion for her son. As well as grow to be the greatest empress someday.

"Dear child, it's about time you woke up. The people you've left behind.. they're hurting so much. The pain is changing them for the worst.

You cannot leave them, dear. Casimir, your child, Heise, your family—there's too many people who will break apart if you leave. So, wake up."

Were her parting words after she felt satisfied with finally meeting the woman that managed to capture both of her sons—and quite possibly a lot more. The woman who had nothing to say about them but good words.

Even though she knew that it wasn't everything the sweet lady had to say.

The woman who miraculously made the last divine dragon love her wholeheartedly. The woman who thawed the frozen heart of her son that froze when she left them too soon.

"Listen dear. Listen to them calling you back."

Adira heard her say and closed her eyes to focus her senses. It was then that she heard a soft poignant sob.

She opened her eyes and saw a little raven-haired child with striking sapphire eyes marred with large beads of tears. He looked somewhere about five or six years old.

He was bawling his eyes out as he cried for his mother.

Adira didn't know why but his cries tugged painfully at her heartstrings as every sob reverberated loudly in her ears and clenched her heart tightly.

He looked very heartbroken.

"Heise. Oh, my poor baby."

Notes:
Hi! Just dropping it here since I'm not yet too busy. Might as well grab the chance to update! Thank you for the words of support and love! You guys really are the best! Thank you for understanding!

Love you guys a looot! Banzaaai! 🎉