Chapter 19

SHINJI'S POV

We take a rest for a minute and after that we will play again but this time we will play with Colorbow. Battle of the Championship, here we go.

I suddenly looked for Candice unnie and finally, i saw her but–what is she doing? She is sitting on the sand spaced out.
What is she thinking about? She looked so sad and so serious. Is it about how she treated me that way? No. Why would she think of me? Aish what is happening to me?

A part of me suddenly feel pity and guilty. I shouldn't have think those 'bad thoughts' to her... You know what? I want to clear things out. I should talk with her privately and ask why would she do this type of things to me.

I decided to go to her and sit beside her. At first, she didn't notice me but when i say 'hi' she was startled and surprised. I was curious because when i saw her she was looking good but when i say hi her face changed to a angry one.

"Are you happy?" Candice unnie said glaring at me.

"What should i be happy about?" I replied.

"You really don't get it don't you?" She said slightly smirking.

"Hey, i was here to talk with you privately. I don't want to hurt your feelings but let me get this straight." I said looking at her seriously.

I really don't know where i got that strength to speak like that especially someone older than me.

"Are you going to talk about what am i doing to you?" She said looking at me with cold eyes.

Damn. Her face look so scary and bullseye! She got my question right. I gulp because i don't know what to say. But-

"What do you want to say?" She said irritated.

Wait, she looks like she doesn't  want to do this to me. I looked at her in the eyes and i saw a guilt, sad Candice. What happened?

So many thoughts came in my mind. What am i going to ask now?

"Why are you doing this to me?"

Oh, no. Did i just slipped out my words without thinking twice? What if she got offended by it?

I saw how she was startled for a bit. But she remained calm.
She looked around everywhere and i got confused, what is she looking for?

She shushed me and she get close to me. What? I thought she hated me. What is just happening now?

"I know you have many questions running in your head but let me get my words straight. I am doing this to protect your idol's career. Don't ask why." She said with worriedly tone.

"I don't understand, why would you do such things?" I said getting teary.

You know, i really get teary when this things like this happen. I'm really sensitive.

"Because—ugh! I can't tell you."
Candice said being pressured.

"Okay whatever the reason is, i understand now. Act like the way you hate me ok? I just know you do this because for my sake." I said hugging her.

My tears can't hold it any longer and they streamed down into my face.

"You don't hate me for what i did to you? Why?" She said hugging me back.

"I did, before, but now that i know, not anymore." I said smiling.

"Thank you, Shinji. I promise after this i will not treat you bad anymore. Just give me some time and you will see." She said broking the hug.

I wipe my tears and smiled at her.

"I'll get going now. What about you?" She said standing up.

"I will stay here for a moment. The wind here is refreshing." I said closing my eyes.

"Suit yourself." She said walking away.

Now that i'm alone, i can feel loneliless and curiousity about why she did that. Why though? Was she forced to?

I was thinking deeply when i heard someone spoke.

"Hey, may i talk to you for a moment?"

I looked up to see a young, handsome, innocent boy.

It was Haruto.

*-