Chapter Thirteen

-----Liberty-----

I took a deep breath and stepped out of the car. Seth took my hand and squeezed it. I was calmer. I still didn't want to go to school. It was Seth's and I's senior year. I shouldered my bag and we walked inside. People looked curiously at us. At our marks, then lost interest and turned away. I was suddenly assaulted as Ann tackled me. I though Seth was about to freak. Until he saw that it was only Ann.

"Where have you been all summer? Oh my gosh! You have a mark!"

She yanked down my shirt's shoulder to see and Seth growled. She rolled her eyes.

"Easy tiger. Wait. Come here Seth."

He stepped over and she looked at his mark. Then at me.

"You guys haven't mated yet have you?!"

I turned red and shook my head quickly. Seth just smirked and told Ann;

"Not yet."

She chuckled.

"So, got your schedule?"

I nodded. Seth had arranged to where he had almost all our class's together. Possessive much? Ann took my arm and we skipped to class with Seth following after us.

-----Seth-----

I hadn't seen Brittany all day, and I was relieved. I almost beat up a guy for flirting with Liberty. She had ignored him. But still. No one looked at my girl.

A few girls winked at me but I hardly gave them a glance. Liberty was moving fast. And a lot of guys were staring at her ass. I growled. They looked up at me and then scurried away.

Classes went well, the guys were learning not to look at Liberty. But the girls not so much. They started at me and ran their fingers over my arm as I walked by. I ignored them all however. Once upon a time they would've been taken up on their offer, but not any more. Liberty was the only one I wanted. Then lunch happened.

I wanted Liberty to sit with me and all my buddies, but sat with her friends, so I went and sat with them. Then Brittany came. She stood next to me and glared at Liberty.

"Babe why are you sitting here?"

She was so whiny. Then I noticed Liberty. Her water bottle was squeezed tightly. She glared at Brittany.

"I apologize Brittany, but Seth is my mate. And so you can't have him. Now leave."

Brittany narrowed her eyes.

"I don't believe you, you just want him all to yourself."

"Well hell I do, he's my mate. He's got the mark on his shoulder to prove it."

Brittany's head whipped around.

"Seth, tell me it's false."

She grabbed my arm and pulled back my shirt, revealing the mark. My mark.

She dropped my arm as if I had a disease. Then she glared at Liberty.

"I'll get him back!"

She hissed and stopped away. I turned to Liberty. She glared back. I wanted to hide, but I forced myself to meet her glare.

"Liberty, I-"

"No, I don't want to know."

She was mad. I was mad. I didn't like her being angry at me for something in the past. She looked down at her food and are quickly, finishing before I did. Before she left, she turned to me.

"I'm going to Ann's after school..... I will see you at home."

She turned and walked away. I started helplessly after her. She was very mad. I frowned, I'd make it up to her when she came home. A nice dinner, movies, and chocolate milk. Lots of chocolate milk.