CHAPTER 1

One evening Kim's organized a big first day of the masked ball. All from the town were invited instead, of course, the Jeon's. Jeongguk, in a company of his two cousins Hoseok and Namjoon were wandering about the lonely allies around their town. Jeongguk was the youngest of all of them.

           "So you talked with your father today? While you two were in the study?" Namjoon asked Jeongguk who sadly nodded back. "What he said?" Hoseok asked as they kept walking down the alley. "Well, I was shouted again for stilling the ship last week. Then I listened that I'm nothing of sort, who should inherited anything Jeon's and on the end he said, that if I'm not to settle down myself soon enough, he's going to find me a husband and marry me in a month." . "What?!" Namjoon stopped. "He's going to marry you away?!" . "With who?" Hoseok got in his thoughts. "Some wealthy family in London." . "Wait... so you'll go away? Or he will come here?" . "Don't know yet. And I can't even make any conclusions. My father has different ideas from second to second. Depends on what he breaths in I guess" Jeong sarcastically ended as Namjoon and Hoseok smiled too.

          Friends were silent for some time while walking as Hoseok broke the silence. "Hey, why is so empty? The town has at least 100 people. Where did they hide?". But silence still circled around them. "You haven't heard?" Jeongguk smiled at Hoseok as he continued "Kim's are having 3-day masked ball. Today is the first day. And everyone are invited. Since is past 8 pm, it must have started already." . "Really?" Hoseok smiled as he bumped Namjoon "What if we crash it ha?" . Namjoon, who was the oldest, was always on for making Kim's family mad. He still hasn't forgiven them, how they humiliated his uncle, Jeongguk's father, a few years ago in front of the whole town. He smiled as he looked at Jeongguk "I'm in.". "We could get in so much trouble... I could get in so much trouble. Again..." Jeongguk sighted. "They won't know it's us. As you said. Is –masked- ball." Hoseok smiled as Jeongguk sighted "I'm on thin ice, guys." and slowly nodded away. "Oh, come one, Jeongguk-ah. Let's go and have a fun evening. It will give you good." Namjoon looked at Jeong who then sighted again as he nodded "Ok. But just for an hour.". Hoseok and Namjoon cheered a little and they left in the way of Kim's mansion.

          As they came in front of big, white doors, with butlers welcomed guests, they stole 3 masks and they already had them on their faces. Clothes were not a problem for them, since they were from Jeon's they were always dressed nicely. And so a couple of moments later, they came in the mansion and were escorted to the ball room. Everyone had beautiful masks and was dressed in nice dresses. Hoseok turned at Namjoon and Jeongguk "We will meet here in one hour." as he left with a smile on his face. "Cousin, I still don't have good feeling about this. We're breaking rules again. Father said-" Jeong protested as Namjoon hold him for his shoulders "If you're father will say anything, we will blame me. He won't be angry on me. You might find yourself someone to marry. Now go and have fun.". Jeong sighted as Namjoon smiled and disappeared.

         And truly: Jeong was handsome guy, even if you couldn't see his face. His posture was like he was a royalty, for what those two families had themselves, and everyone just bumped around him.

KIM'S POV

         "Come one, master. Mr. Kim is going to be very angry on both of us if you lock yourself in the room. Again." butler Jin came in big chamber to find Taehyung, Mr. Kim's only son, out on the balcony with 2 already empty bottles of red wine on the table and opened 3rd bottle. "Why he keeps organizing these balls? It's waste of time and money. And then he makes me attending them." Taehyung sighted. "I'm sorry, but I would really not know the answer. I'm here just to take care of you. Now, please come." Jin sighted as Taehyung slightly, sadly smiled to him and they both left the room. Just before he entered the ball room he put on his white-silver mask and entered the dancing room.

          There were preparing for quadrille and so he took the first girl that came to him and joined other pair on the dancing floor.

NORMAL POV

           Music started and with it the first picture. Taehyung danced without any problems as he learned quadrille since early age and he even had a little fun time to admit. The girl he was dancing with looked nice and she also danced very well. But on the other end he didn't know, that other dancer was Jeongguk with his girl. The worst enemies danced together without knowing for each other, why they never saw each one in the face. Fathers never allowed it. So only older cousins knew for each other, but youngsters were hidden from the others. They hide them as the biggest treasure.

           When the first and second picture was done, couples parted. Jeong glanced at Tae when they bowed to each other. He could see sad look behind the mask. When Tae went to the end of the ball room Jeong followed him. When he got to him he pretended he's talking to someone else, so Tae would not see him stalking him while attendants kept Taehyung very busy. An hour passed quickly and the first day of the ball started to close for the night. After couple of more talks, Taehyung stayed alone next to the long table, where food was placed.

            "Little boring isn't it, ha?" Jeongguk came to Taehyung with 2 glasses of red wine. "A drink?" he offered one glass to Tae. Tae slightly smiled as he took the glass and drink it whole in one go. "Hey, slow down a bit." Jeongguk laughed. "It's not my first tonight. Like you said: it's boring." . "Why you came here in the first place then?" Jeong asked as he got little closer to Tae with little smirk on his face. "Parents made me. Beside... This is just the first day. Still 2 days to go. What about you?" Tae smiled as he stayed really close to Jeongguk. "My friends made me. And speaking of them, I should go find them, since the ball is ending." Jeongguk looked around. "Then you better go. Hope to see you again. Maybe next time without a mask." Taehyung shyly smiled, turned and walked away. "Even if with a mask I'll find you." Jeong whispered.

TAEHYUNG'S POV

           As he walked away he tried very hard not to look back at the mysterious guy. But a little smile still stayed in his eyes and his butler saw that. "I'll say you had a good time?" . "Well, let's just say that boring night ended up pretty good."

          "I'm glad. Never the less... Let's take you to bed. You drank a little too much." Butler smiled and they went to Taehyung's room and went to sleep.

JEONGGUK'S POV

           Jeongguk watched after Taehyung until he lost him from his sight. He felt weak in his knees and totally in the clouds. Suddenly he heard voice of broken glass in the hall way next to the ball room. He hurried and as he assumed, his friends were there. "And what are you two doing?" Jeongguk crossed his hands on his chest as he was looking at Hoseok and Namjoon had a hold of one Kim's butler. "Nothing. Just trying to get a drink around here." Hoseok skipped his shoulders. "Let him go." Jeong said as butler ran away. "Let's go home. Enough fun for today." Jeong smiled as they all laughed and went home. "And? Enjoyed?" Hoseok bumped Jeong who little blushed as he said "This is just the beginning." . "Meaning?" Namjoon smiled as Jeong smiled back "Tomorrow is a new day... and..." . "And what?" . "We're going." Jeong smiled as they all agreed.

          He could not sleep that night. He kept thinking of those light eyes and a gorgeous smile.