"We bouta cut the cake. You sleepy?"

"She ready for that dick." Kenya spoke under her breath, but we all heard.

"You so fucking loud Kenya." I rolled my eyes.

"Don't worry, she gon get it tonight." he smirked.

I was too drunk to care if he was tellin the business or not.

I was bouta lean in for a kiss but Hakeem spoke, stopping me "So... y'all ready or?"

Melo took me by the hand as we walked to where the DJ was. The cake was already and out, courtesy of the Ball chef. Melo was so fucking rich, he could bathe in cash if he wanted to. And honestly, I wasn't sure I could get used to.

When the music stopped, everyone turned they head to face where was at.

"Alright y'all boys gather round, we bouta cut the cake." Melo spoke into the microphone,

"So as y'all know it's my boy Jayo birthday. It's a lot of us who wanna say sum so Imma keep mine sweet and short." he turned to Jayo before continuing, "Jayo you deadass the most giving person I know. It could be your last and you'd share it with a nigga. You a beast on the court and I know Imma see you in the draft in a year or two. Love you bro." he finished passing the microphone to me.

"Happy birthday Jayo baby. You like another brother to me, annoying and all. Just cause you 18 now don't mean you grown, and you better act like you know. Love you bro bro." I laughed as he stuck his middle finger up at me, before passing it to Keem.

"Jayo, Jayo, Jayo. Where to start? You my dawg and you been my dawg since day 1. Every time I find myself ready to break a nigga jaw, you always there to talk me down. I wish you a year of nothing but success. You got big things ahead of you brother." he finished, passing it to Kenya.

"Hey baby," she smiled to Jayo, who stood right beside her.

"Hey ma." he responded, earning 'aw's from the crowd around us.

"Jayo, it's not any words on earth that could describe  what you mean to me. My heart is wherever you go. I don't see a way I could do this shit without out you. No matter the circumstances, if you're not with me my soul misses you. For the past 14 years, I've watched you grow and mature into the man you are today. I've watched you love every person you've ever encountered. I've watched you show love to the same people who did wrong by you. You give more than you receive. But I believe you'll capture everything your heart desires and I'll be beside you as you do. When we're old Imma make sure I tell our kids about the love you've shown me and remind them to never settle for anything less. Happy birthday baby." she held up her drink, "More life."

"More life," everyone repeated, drinking from their own cups if they had any.

"Relax." Keem took the drink from me before I could participate. I crossed my arms over my chest, mugging him.

"You'll thank me later." he shrugged.

Melo made his way back to me, after shoving Jayo face in the cake as he blew out his candles.

Using my finger, I wiped the icing from the side of his face, before sticking in my mouth.

"You so fucking sexy dawg." he bit his lip.

"Sex me then."

Melo wasted no time throwing me over his shoulder. I laughed as I poked his butt, earning a smack at my ass.

"Goodnight y'all boys. We got some stuff to handle." I heard him say. "Y'all just sleep in one of the guests rooms when y'all ready, they gon let y'all up."

"Protection is key.. I hope you learned yo lesson." O heard Armani say.

"Fuck you."

melo

I chuckled to myself, as I watched Yasmin make herself comfortable with her face in the crook of my neck. With one of her legs placed over my torso,
she breathed out quiet yet noticed snores.

Reaching on my nightstand, I grabbed her bonnet and placed it on her head. I knew she was gon have a mental break down if it wasn't.

Her head somehow always managed to look even bigger with that shit on. If she was awake I'd tease her bout it.

The light from beneath the door exposed her still bare body. She was so damn small yet it was enough meat in all the right places. Even with that silly shit on her head, her mouth slightly opened, and drool falling from the side of her mouth, I ain't ever seen such a beautiful sight. I decided at that moment she was a piece of art.

I smiled to myself thinking about the rounds we just went through. And when I say rounds, just know I mean roundsss. We were both loud in the moment, lacking a care for anybody who coulda been around. In my mind, it was only me and her. The rest of the world didn't matter.

The music from downstairs was still going and very much loud. The body guards would only start escorting people out at 2.

My parents was at a hotel for the night. They didn't mind having Jayo party as long as nothing was broken or stolen. Hence, the guards.

Despite the noise, Yas was out like a light. Guess I got that knock out.

I took another look at the beauty beside me and fell in love all ova again.

I knew she wasn't really comfortable with my lifestyle. She hated the idea of me paying for anything or taking care of her. She was so independent and headstrong. She didn't want nothing she didn't feel like she deserved and it was so fucking sexy.

But I'd hand her the world on a silver platter if she asked me too, and even if she didn't. I'd be damned if she was ever lacking something I could provide her with.

Kenya love for Jayo was so familiar to me. I wasn't tryna accomplish or be nothing if it wasn't Yasmin by my side. Like it deadass didn't even sound right to me.

I was tryna wake up beside her every day. I was tryna watch her walk down the isle one day. I was tryna grow old and make mini mes and mini hers.

Closing my eyes, I pulled her closer to me.

It wasn't even five minutes before my phone started ringing.

It was Gelo.

I don't know what this nigga calling me about at 1 in the morning.

I watched it ring.

It stopped and I closed my eyes once again. But just as I thought I was in the clear the vibrations started again.

"What nigga?" I barked into the phone.

"Hey bro bro." the voice that sounded was distinctively and obviously my brother's. But it wasn't the brother I had expected to be hearing.

authors note:

sorry for the late ass update.

my eyes literally closing on me, so again sorry for any mistakes.