dont play yourself yas

yasmin

"Nah but for real, you pretty pretty. Like an angel walking." Lamelo grinned goofy at me as he drenched a handful of fries in honey mustard before shoving them in his mouth.

"Please stop." I looked away to hide the quickly forming blush on my face.

"You gon learn to take these compliments tonight. If you gon be hangin round me anyway, you better."

"Who said Imma be hanging round you?"

"I mean I was just hoping you would." he gave me a slight smirk as he placed his hand on top of mine, sending chills down my spine.

I melted into his touch for just a moment before I swiftly pulled my hand away. I looked around to see if anyone caught that. "Melo," I scolded him quietly.

We'd been cakin for about two hours now. The table was cleared now, well mostly. A few of us still sat here. But Kenya, Jayo, Keem, and even Armani was nowhere to be found.

"Stop worrying bout them," Melo looked into my eyes as he spoke.

Tearing my view from him I picked up my cellphone. It was 9:07 and I already had a text from Kalin talking bout where I'm at. "I gotta get home," I changed the subject.

"Lemme drop you." he offered, pulling out his keys from his pocket.

With the dog I had for a brother, I had no business getting dropped home in a nice ass car by a nigga from the other side of town. The lecture would be outrageous and quite frankly all I was tryna do was jump in my bed and get some damn sleep.

"Nah, thank you though. Lemme call Kenya." I played with the ends of my braids as I searched through my phone for her number.

"Ken, where you at? I gotta get home." I spoke as soon as the call picked up.

"Huh, I told Keem drop you home. I'm at Jayo right now." she spoke over the loud ass screaming in the background. Jayo family consisted of  about 7 family members living in a three bedroom house so that noise was sum regular.

"Keem been left!" I explained. I ain't even realize him leaving till I seen him fly out the door. Nigga couldn't even say goodbye, his rude ass.

The loud background faded away, I guessed she had stepped outside. "Hold on, Ill come get you. Lemme tell Jayo. We was bouta watch something."

"Nah sis, I'll find a ride. Have fun." I told her sincerely.

"You sure?"

"Yeah girl, I'll see you." I told her before hanging up.

As I set the phone down, Melo sat with a smirk on his face looking back at me.

"Hmmm.." he hummed to himself as he began not so subtly waving his set of keys around, "If only somebody here had a perfectly working car."

"Fine Melo!! Take me home." I crossed my arms over my chest in defeat.

"My pleasure." he winked, wasting no time to
get on his feet. He reached in his wallet before throwing a $50 bill on the table. "That'll cover us right?"

I reached on the table, picking up the bill, and holding it out towards him, "It's only bout $12 each, and keep your money. I got me." I laughed.

"How Imma let you pay on a date?" He shot me a look.

"Who said this was a date?" I rose my eyes brows at him.

"Who said it wasn't?" he took his bill back from
me, returning it to the table.