ms steal yo man

reminder - be active for quicker updates !!

melo

"Ran it up, all by myself though, now they never gon' stop me"

I clapped my hands in the face of the guy defending me as the referee whistled signaling a foul.

We were in the forth quarter of the first game of my last high school season, and I ain't know how to feel. It was bittersweet. Sweet cause I was ready to move on. But the bitter was in the fact that I ain't know what the fuck I was gon do with myself when it was over.

My whole family was watching tonight. In fact it felt like the whole Chino Hills came out tonight. And more importantly, Yasmin was here. I wasn't bouta lose in front of her. Anybody but her. The pressure was real which honestly I ain't mind.

I always did do best under pressure.

We was playing a pretty good team tonight. The score was close. We were only up by 1. So these next shots I'd take would be crucial.

"You got this boy." I felt a tap from behind me, coming from Armani.

I ain't really miss my free throws like that so I really wasn't tripping.

I took the ball from the ref. Bouncing it twice, I threw it up. I took a blink as the ball seemed to go through the basket but to my surprise it came right back out.

"The fuck." I mumbled to myself as the crowd made various noises. Some was cheers, other made noise to sike me out. I could hear em, but I wasn't really hearing em.

"Over-rated," one of the benchriders on the other team chanted in a mocking tone, while clapping his hands obnoxiously.

"Nigga—" I started, turning to him.

"Focus Melo!" I heard my dad's voice boom all the way from his seat and so did the whole damn gymnasium.

I turned to see him, standing in his space with that same frustrated look on his face. The people behind him was frustrated too tryna see behind his big ass head.

My mom noticed me looking their way and shot up a thumbs up. I sent her smile. She used to be right up there yelling with my dad and games. But since the stroke I guess she just ain't able anymore. And I really ain't know who that was hurting more, me or her.

My eyes landed on Carolina. She sat in a crowd of people, with my number and big ass smile painted on her face. It was hot in Cali, but she coulda been at a strip club the way she was dressed. A damn shame.

I only looked at her for a split second before I grew irritated at the memory of the conversation I had with her earlier today in art class.

"Earth to fucking Melo!" a familiar voice, drew my attention away from my texts with Yasmin. I looked up to see Carolina standing over me.

I looked around confused on who she was talking to. "Yes you! God, do you see another Lamelo in here?"