Ghost of the Jungle

Venus Pov

I woke up with the beautiful sound of the rainforest. I stretched and went to the kitchen. Leo probably went to train or mediate in the forest. Leo and I were staying in a little tree house that splinter made himself when he came to train here, once. I could see why splinter wanted us to train here, there's so much to climb, run for miles, and peaceful to meditate. I went to the kitchen, I looked in the fruit basket, empty. Darn.. guess I have to pick some more mangos and other fruits I can find. I grabbed my katana, yes I switched my weapons for this trip. A katana is better at cutting branches from the trees, or poisonous plants. I grabbed my bag to store the fruit in. I front flipped down from the tree, I stayed in the bushes, and shadows. I knew where the best fruits were of course by the river. I found some mango's and berries. I decided to have some magic, I pictured the yin-yang form from the water. I smiled of my work. I grabbed my bag and started heading back, just in case Leo's wondering where I am. I walked back, I felt like I was being watched. I had an idea, I jumped on the vines and branches. I swung vine to vine but, what ever it was following me was keeping up with me. I dropped down from the tree and tried to make a run for it. I started to worry as this thing keeps chasing me. As I ran, it dropped in front of me, I stopped and pulled out my katana. This thing was wearing a brown hood that made it look like a shadow. I didn't care , it was following me for no reason. I charged at this ghost. He dodged most of my moves, it was good. I had an idea. I fought this thing by the near by tree, I grabbed a branch and WHACK I nailed it right on the face. It picked itself off the ground then I kicked it towards the tree, I raised my katana to finish this creep." Venus, it's me." He said pleading that I wouldn't kill him. My eyes widened, I dropped my katana and kneeled down to the strange man. I took it's hood off, it was my own boyfriend, Leonardo." Oh my god, Leo I'm so sorry." I said helping him up. I picked up my katana and placed it back in its case. Leo and I walked back to the tree house. We entered, I put the fruit in the bowl and got a wet washcloth to clean up, Leo's scratch on his face from me with the branch. I sat on the kitchen table and cleaned his wounds. He gave me a weird look." What's that look for?" I asked." It was how scared you were when I chased you." He confessed." I wasn't scared, I was defending myself." I protested." Venus, you know I wouldn't let anything like that ever happen to you." He said, while placing his hands on my arms." I know you always do and now I have leo and the ghost of the jungle looking after me." I replied back, smiling.

Leo Pov

Well this morning, could have gone a little better then it did. Most of the day, we went for a run through the jungle, together and even went mountain climbing then, I went for a mediation while Venus stayed at the tree house. It was nice to not hear complaining or the sound of the subway at night, just the beautiful rainforest. But, nothing more beautiful then Venus. She's like the shining star that I first see in the night sky. I headed back, I picked some flowers out for her, most were baby blue her favorite color. I walked into the tree house venus fell asleep on the couch with her sketch book in her hand, she loves to draw. I picked up the book and looked at the drawing, she drew me in the ghost of the jungle hood. (Like the picture of this chapter.) I chuckled. I placed the book on the side of the table and picked her up off the couch and put her in bed. I went back to put the flowers in the vase. Then decided I should probably get some rest, I laid in bed and went under the covers. I rapped my arms around my beautiful girlfriend, I leaned over and kissed her cheek. Then slowly fell asleep.

The tree house: