Part 25

Percy POV

After Lady Order gave us the weapon, she teleported us back to Camp. I stared at the glowing white blade, I named it SoulSlayer. It had an aura of power around it. When I grabbed it, the power of the blade flowed through me. It turned to a pendant of my necklace when I thought about where to put it. Annabeth was still sobbing on the floor when we were teleported into the Big House. The others were surrounding her and comforting her. I felt sorry for her but at the same time, I felt sad. I didn't know about the potion she drank and when I saw it on the screen, I felt regret for not believing her yet I still did not fully forgive her. She could have fought against the spell, she could have found an antidote, there were other things she could have done. I turned away without even sparing a glance at her and went to the sword arena to try out SoulSlayer.

When I reached the arena, I placed my hand on the ground and hundreds of skeletons rose from the ground, each carrying a sword/spear and wearing armour. I smirked and ran through them with my blade. I slashed, stabbed, rolled and blocked destroying anything in my path. I pointed my sword and a beam of light shot out and disintegrated a few skeletons. Within 2 minutes, the skeletons were gone. I spent the rest of the day teaching Maria how to use the runes and spending time with Elliot.

1 month later

It's been a month since the last attack and all of us were nervous. This either meant that Tartarus was gathering forces and getting ready to attack or he was just being stupid. I hoped it was the latter. I learnt the abilities of the sword and now it felt like a part of me, like a part of my body. It felt natural to swing it around and destroy monsters. Maria has gotten better at runes than I am. I have started teaching Leo how to use sign language as he also wanted to befriend the little mage. I had been speaking to Carter and Sadie a lot. They said that if I needed reinforcements, the house of life would come. I surprising didn't have any dreams for the past month and it was very refreshing. The atmosphere at the camp was filled with tension as the demigods awaited the battle.

I was eating some pancakes when I heard the horn sounding 3 times and I rushed to the hill. The campers also rushed here as they all carried their weapons and armour on them as we all expected something like this to happen. When I reached the hill, I saw billions of monsters all in formation. They weren't mindless animals, they were an army with a plan. At the very back of the waves of monsters, the primordial himself was.at the back. He was smaller than when I originally met him, probably because when I met him, he was in his home turf. Being away from his source of power weakened him and I hoped that would be enough for me to kill him. He wore full armour and had a double sided stygian iron sword that was the size of a tree. He was still the size of a hyborean giant .I quickly Iris messaged Carter and told him to come ASAP.
"Surrender or be destroyed"boomed Tartarus.
"Nah" I shouted back. He growled and signalled for the monsters to charge. I met their charge in my personal hurricane. I used Maelstrom and Deathbringer because I didn't want to let Tartarus know I had a more powerful weapon. I used fire to burn the monsters, I summed walls of earth to slam into the army, I used water to drown some monster. They couldn't touch me but I was hardly making a dent in the monsters. When I killed one, 2 simply took their place. I teleported to behind the lines and turned Deathbringer into a bow. I fired arrow after arrow into the ocean of monsters. I heard screams of campers and saw an occasional dead body littered on the group. This only fueled my anger and I continued firing my bow.

I saw Annabeth and Piper were back to back slashing at anything coming close to them, Jason was summoning bolt after bolt of lightning, Thalia was with the Hunters shooting arrows, Frank was a dragon, Hazel was on her supersonic horse, Maria was throwing rune after rune causing mass panic in the monsters. I scanned the crowd for Elliot. I found her chained and gagged by a tree near the middle of the army. I roared and charged the monsters while in a flaming tornado. I cut my way until I was 10 feet away from her. She looked at me scared out of her mind. Behind her was Tartarus holding his sword and grinning evilly.
"Let. Her. Go" I growled.
"I'll make you a deal Jackson. Surrender and I'll let her go" he said smirking. I saw Elliot shake her head at me but I couldn't let her get hurt. She was like family.
"Ok" I said while dropping my swords. "Now let her go" I said.
He freed her from her chains but she was still on her knees. Tartarus raised his sword.
"I said I would free her, but I didn't say I wouldn't kill her" he said and he sent his sword down in a deadly arch towards Elliot's unsuspecting self.