Part 20

A/N I fucking lost my shoes and shirt during swimming. God hates me. I'm not sure which one. Anyways enjoy.

3rd person POV

The gods watched in awe as Percy Jackson defeated Typhon. Then, he seems to black out. His body shrunk back to normal size and the avatar around him collapsed. Just then the chariot of Nephthys caught him and brought him gods know where. Just then the gods flashed to Olympus and a week later, called a meeting as they needed time to rest and register what just happened. Poseidon also came as he just finished fighting a battle in his territory. "So what did I miss. How did you guys beat Typhon?" Asked Poseidon curiously.
"We didn't" said Athena.
"So you mean he is still rampaging around?" Poseidon asked in shock.
"No we meant we weren't the ones who defeated him. Percy did" said Hades. The was silence in the throne before Poseidon burst out laughing.
"Good one. You almost had me there. You actually said that with a straight face!" He exclaimed u til he saw the serious looks the gods gave him.
"You were joking right?" Poseidon asked nervously.
"I'm afraid not. That son of yours is very powerful. All the more reason to kill him" said Zeus before being smacked behind the head by Hera.
"You you idiot. He freaking saved our arses" screamed Hera. Zeus mumbled a sorry.
"My son killed Typhon!" Said Poseidon more to himself than anyone else. After about 5 minutes of this Athena got fed up.
"We get it, you son killed Typhon. Now onto more pressing matters. What do we tell the demigods. We literally just exiled a being more powerful than ourselves" exclaimed Athena.
Zeus thought about it for a second before deciding. "We tell them that Hephaestus made a machine powerful enough to kill Typhon as we knew he would escape soon" said Zeus. The Olympians agreed and flashed to Camp Half Blood. Soon all the demigods arrived and looked at us.
Zeus cleared his throat. "We have killed Typhon. It was easy as Hephaestus made a machine to kill that beast as we knew it would return someday" stated Zeus. All the demigods looked sceptically at the gods especially Annabeth.

Athena sighed. She looked at her father and mind messaged him that they needed to tell the truth as nobody believed them. Zeus nodded and Athena told the demigods the true story. The demigods looked shocked that Percy managed to complete that task. They were all upset that they had betrayed him like they did. The younger ones were confused on who this Percy Jackson was and why he was important. Finally someone spoke up.
"If that weakling Jackson could defeat Typhon, he must not have been a tough opponent. I think I could take him" said Damien cockily. The campers looked at Damien like he was an idiot(which he was) and wondered why they believed him over Percy. Poseidon glared at Damien before flashing off.

Annabeth POV

After the gods told us what happened the camp was in shock. The hero they betrayed had literally just killed the biggest monster there is. Then Damien said that he could probably take on Typhon and I mentally facepalmed. Why in the Styx did I cheat on Percy for this lump of minotaur dung.

After the gods flashed out, the conch horn blew 3 times signalling a battle. This was the second time this week. Lots of the campers were still injured and couldn't fight. I ran over to Thalia's tree and saw a small army of monster (about 3000 to the regular 100 thousand they were used to). I ordered the demigods to form a phalanx. Me and the rest of the seven were in the front lines and the Apollo campers and Hunters of Artemis were behind with their bows drawn. The minotaur was the one leading this battle. There were multiple hydras, 2 drakons and many more monsters. The drakon screeched and the monsters charged and we charged to meet them.

My mind went on autopilot slashing, jabbing and dodging. Jason went for one drakon and Frank (in his own dragon form) charged the other. Piper was charmspeaking the monsters making them retreat and/or stabbing them with the new blade she got from the gods. Hazel was on Arion and causing mass panic in the group. Leo was battling the hydra full ablaze so that the hydra's head couldn't reform. Damien was on fire and running away.

I ran towards the minotaur determined to kill it. It saw me and charged swinging it's battle axe. I had made the mistake to trying to block it instead of dodging. I managed to deflect the blade but the axe had momentum and gravity working with it so the axe grazed the side of my arm. I screamed and grabbed it. The minotaur took this opportunity to grab me by the neck and lift me into the air. I was gasping for breath and dropped my drakon bone sword and clawed at the minotaur's arm trying to get it to let go. The archers tried shooting an arrow but the minotaur used me as a body shield. I was losing consciousness quickly. I couldn't think due to lack of oxygen. Thalia could use lightning as it could hit me and leo could blast fire without burning me alive. This was the end. I didn't expect it to go that way. Just as I was about to pass out, the minotaur suddenly dropped me. I scrambled away and looked at the beast. It was dead with a dagger made of ice from behind its head. I looked over to see all the campers staring at Percy Jackson. Then I passed out.